Monday, May 4, 2020

Word for the Day - 2020

Journey


from wikipedia - Travel, the movement of people between distant geographical locations. 
Day's journey, a measurement of distance; Road trip ...

The last road trip my "live-in gardener" and I took was to national parks.
I loved having this journey, it was a dream come true.
We hiked right here around these American Indian relics at Hovenweep National Park.
A journey can be by automobile, but also by train.
This is the Portland, Oregon train station.
Waiting for an adventure, a journey by train.
A different time when social distancing wasn't a thing.
A long, most dreamed about journey to Europe and Keukenhof Gardens in the Netherlands.
Journey creates wonderful memories and dreams for me.
This was the last time I took a long journey outside the US.
It was 2016 and I still dream of more.
Closer to home there are places to journey by foot, to dream under fluffy blue skies
and wonderful trails.
Or to meander down a country lane.
Or even by sea, floating on gentle waters.
We can journey, we can dream, we can plan
and one day the journey will be ours again.
Looking for a quote for the word journey, this one just struck me with it's simplicity.
Yes, life is a journey! If we put one foot in front of the other and move forward,
we can journey together.


Life is just a journey. Princess Diana
Read more at https://www.brainyquote.com/topics/journey-quotesLi
 
"Life is just a journey."
~Princess Diana
Life is just a journey. Princess Diana
Read more at https://www.brainyquote.com/topics/journey-quotesL

6 comments:

Jeanie said...

This looks like a wonderful trip. I'm deeply longing for a little road trip. Not a big one. An hour? Two? Maybe with a picnic? Yes, longing for a bit of travel, even if it's to the other side of town.

mamasmercantile said...

...and what a wonderful journey you took us on today, it was a joy to visit.

Red Rose Alley said...

The American Indian relics look interesting. I can see why you went on that journey. And I've always wanted to ride the train. My grandfather worked on the railroad, so it is close to my heart. The flower beds at the garden in the Netherlands are beautiful. I really miss those old mail boxes. What a great photo that is. And I smiled at Princess Diana's quote. I loved her. Journey is a special word, Marilyn.

~Sheri

Linda P said...

Life is a journey and it's good to be journeying with you via the blog. To have met you and your husband on one of your trips was special. You've had some wonderful trips. I like the Oregon train station with the beautiful old architectural towers. I can imagine it as a place where you have started one of your journeys and then returned there for home.

Tracy said...

LOVELY with these backward glances, Marilyn! A little trip would be sooo nice about now! Nothing big, nothing far... just a day trip by car, a picnic...something... ;) Be keeping well! ((LOVE & HUGS))

Mary said...

Lovely stories and photos of your trips Marilyn.
We are missing travel now. Love you with the flowers. Life certainly is a journey - coming to such a full stop is making us recall our past trips with even more vigor. I'm spending a lot of time just scrolling through photos of places I've loved.
Hugs - Mary