Friday, January 15, 2021

Bouquets from Twigs

 Searching online for bouquets from the winter garden I still just saw flowers bought from the florist or market. With COVID I haven't been visiting the market often, but still wanted a bouquet or two in the house. I may be addicted to having fresh bouquets in the house year round. Ha! I feel like I am missing something in the house if there isn't a fresh bouquet every week. So starting in Autumn when the garden was finishing up I went searching for a bouquet.

Well I did find a little bit of "this and that" at the end of Autumn.

Now with Winter from the garden it is twigs from the herb garden.

Then I buy a small bunch of red roses or whatever is inexpensive at the market to add some color to the twigs around the house.

Evergreen twigs with citrus and ivy to spruce up my back step and all from my garden.

My heart is happy with bouquets all year long.

Twigs in winter can make a bouquet.

What are you doing during this COVID Winter to make your heart happy?

Happy weekend, dear friends!

7 comments:

mamasmercantile said...

I love the addition of twigs to a few flowers, they truly do make a great bouquet. Filling my days in the cottage with some great craft projects and experimenting with paints and enjoying the process.

Lorrie said...

I rummage through my garden, too, looking for things to add to flowers, or just to a vase on their own. Rosemary is a favourite.

Jeanie said...

I was just thinking today that I wished I had Rick pick up a bouquet when he did my marketing. I love fresh cut flowers. I kill plants inside but flowers are supposed to die! I love all your arrangements. Happy weekend!

Mary said...

Such lovely floral displays Marilyn - they certainly brighten up our rooms. . . . .without flowers I feel really lost. I bought 3/$12.00 bunches at Publix Supermarket today - 6 beautiful large cream roses, a huge bunch of dusty pink mini carnations, and a bunch of baby's breath. Arranging them this evening after letting them stand in fresh water after cutting the stems a bit.
Knitting a bit and getting ready to start some counted cross stitch which I haven't done in years - had to buy a big magnifier to wear around my neck - close up I'm blind as a bat!

Is my heart happy? Well it is when I watch the beautiful birds, and I'm enjoying our daily walks around the neighborhood. Tomorrow morning we'll walk to the farmers' market to pick up our order of free-range eggs from our lovely farmer - she's always fun for a chat though it gets a bit rough in the darned masks!.

Weekend hugs to you and Jim.

Linda P said...

You have created some lovely displays using one or two flowers and garden vegetation. That's a good idea. My many indoor plants give me pleasure as I can't get out for fresh store-bought flowers.

Red Rose Alley said...

Your twig bouquets are delightful, Marilyn. I think it's wonderful how you make flowers a regular part of your life. I saw some bouquets at the store the other day and was tempted to get myself some, but passed, as they are expensive. I love how you make bouquets yourself and enjoy them all Winter long. : )

~Sheri

Laura Morrigan said...

IT is nice to have fresh flowers around!