Monday, February 5, 2024

Words of Kindness and Joy

 Recently I came across the song Try a Little Kindness. On YouTube I found it by several singers, here is a link to one of them: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JX7NNMKBPsw&ab_channel=drlandy

Enjoy this one of Glen Campbell in concert.

Then last week I bought the book, The Boy, the mole, the fox and the Horse by Charlie Mackesy. Have you seen this book. It has the sweetest message. It will be my Valentine gift for my grandson. Here is a copy of a page from the book. I love the artwork and the words.


 Each day I pray that the world will become a little kinder.

Kindness is definitely what I want to be when I grow up. 

How about you?

Sending love,

Marilyn

5 comments:

Lorrie said...

What a lovely answer to the question most children are asked.

Jeanie said...

I've heard about this book. And yes, being kind is what it's all about.

Linda P said...

We saw the animated version of the book at Christmas on television. I'm glad you have the book as the line drawings are beautiful. The message to be kind is an important one.

Rosemary said...

Love the creative artistry of this book, both in the graphics and in the written word. I gifted a copy to one of my great nieces last Christmas. I hope she has enjoyed the inspirational messages found within the pages. What a special gift for 'D'.

Red Rose Alley said...

What a sweet post, Marilyn. The book sounds like a good one, and I'll have to mention it to the girls, so they can check it out for the kids.

Wishing you a kind month of February, Marilyn.

~Sheri