Friday, August 2, 2024

"A Thing of Beauty" and Happiness!

 "A thing of beauty is a joy for ever:

It's loveliness increases; it will never

Pass into nothingness; but still will keep

A bower quiet for us, and a sleep

Full of sweet dreams, and health,

and quiet breathing."

John Keats

 



"The air was fragrant with a

thousand trodden aromatic herbs,

with fields of lavender, and with the 

brightest roses blushing in the tufts all

over the meadows...."

William Cullen Bryant




This morning over my breakfast I was reading an article on what makes you happy. The first things on the list just made me smile. One was a plane ticket in pocket to head to Paris. I would be happy with any plane ticket purchased and ready to go anywhere. The other was being greeted by her goats when she went out to collect chicken eggs. Can you just picture those silly goats? Flowers in my garden make me happy. All the pictures above are from my garden at one time or the other this summer. Just looking back at them I smile.

What makes you happy?

Sending love,

Marilyn


1 comment:

Jeanie said...

Your garden is amazing. How you might miss that! I'm happy when I wake and Lizzie is cuddled next to me. And starting a new book by a beloved author!