Friday, October 9, 2026

Day Five - French Adventure

Another peak into Corey's beautiful home.





 And then we were off to Villeneuve.


Now this market was truly an antique fair. So many beautiful things with each vendor.
I did buy a couple things here. I bought a ramie/linen bed sheet with my initials embroidered. It came from a linen collection found in a chateau. I also found a wonderful original pencil drawing of a Provincial woman and two children. I will share a few pictures in a later post.


And layers of color. This vendor dyed vintage linens in the most gorgeous colors.



And what a gorgeous village surrounding the brocante.



After I was shopped out, I sat with a couple fellow tour members and we had a lovely chat with a couple from the Netherlands in a nearby cafe. They come every year for this sale. I always love the connections with people when I travel and this was special.


And then it was time to walk to the restaurant for lunch. But first a stop at this gorgeous flower shop.









 
And then it was lunch time.


Corey took this picture, but I wanted to included it here.
The women behind me in the background was Sharon Santoni, the editor and creator of The French Country Living magazine. She had a tour group at the brocante and then lunch here too. It was fun to meet her and tell her how much I enjoy her magazine.

The woman next to me was Mary, part of our little group.
What lovely ladies I was able to travel with, an amazing treat.






A walk through the village.


An artist painting the above building.


One more stop along the way to check out more treasures.





Here I found a salad fork/spoon to replace my plastic one.


And then another lovely meal.


I wanted to bring home some feves. At the morning brocante Corey bought a box of them for us to dig through. We had so much fun digging and picking out a few treasures to bring home.

Feve is French for fava bean.  The term is also used to describe the small trinket hidden in the king's (epiphany) cake. 


And Day Five is in the bag. Off to bed and another day tomorrow.

Sending love,
Marilyn


1 comment:

Lorrie said...

What a wonderful trip! I've looked at Sharon Santoni's trips and thought about how much fun it would be. I'd have to bring an extra suitcase just for the shopping!