Wednesday, October 7, 2026

Day Three - French Adventure

 


Each morning I came down early to sit in the quiet of Corey's kitchen and sip my tea.
Then after breakfast of croissants and yogurt with fruit and nuts, we were off on a new adventure.

The third day was market day in Aix en Provence. There were some booths with antiques, but there was everything from women's clothes, jewelry, soap, books, flowers, and so much more. This day I ended up finding a few clothing items (2 tops and a dress) that I couldn't resist. I also bought some soap; after all, I love French hand soaps. These are a bit smellier than I am used to; so now my bathroom smells like the soap vendors booth.



We stopped for a cold drink here. Isn't it beautiful?




Walking to the van we spotted this red man swimming through the patio.


Delphine's Atelier was the next stop. She had quite a collection of vintage fabrics, which she makes into things to sell. Her home has two rooms set up to market her products, plus other vintage things for sale. The studio is the third room and so fun to hear her passion for what she does.






And again we hopped in the van with one more stop at Corey's friend, Mo's home.
Now Mo is a pottery artist and had quite a collection of her clay pieces in this shed.
I can truly say each piece was a work of art made with a delicate black clay and creamy, white glaze. @Reves D'argile on Instagram


Then we sat at Mo's table for nibbles on the patio before moving indoors for our evening meal.




Often with the evening meal something small is served, which is most delicious. I think "oh good, not too much!" and then more keeps coming.


Plus a dessert to top it off. This was something creamy with burnt spices on top.


It was quite dark in the country side as we traveled back to find our beds for the night. Another special day and more to come.

Sending love,
Marilyn

1 comment:

Jeanie said...

What a fantastic getaway. Corey certainly does know how to run a fun and fascinating tour! I fear my Visa card would melt!