Sunday, October 11, 2026

Day Seven - Final Day French Adventure

The final day took us to Cassis by the sea.

But first I just had to enjoy sitting at Corey's morning table in her kitchen one last time. Such a treat to sit there and sip my tea each morning.


The town fountain near her home.


And off we went for another day of adventure and shopping.
We stopped at this warehouse, flea market to do a little browsing.
I ended up with a small ceramic creamer and two pictures.


And then we arrived in Cassis. We stopped in at Cote Cassis, one of Corey's friend's shop.
Yes, in here I bought some Mariage Freres tea called Eros, a shopping bag, and a small gift for a friend.




In the background is their wall of tea.


And then we walked to the sea for lunch along the waterfront.






We sat under the red awning; so my pictures have a red cast.


The pate with apricot jam and the freshest bun I have ever had was amazing.


Passion fruit sorbet was a perfect final treat.



Some at the table had this lemon dessert, which they said was amazing. Isn't it pretty?


Just sitting by the sea was a delight to my heart for sure.





The drive each day through the countryside was pure joy. Many vineyards along the way.


I will just wrap it up by saying, I was well cared for all of the seven days. For me it was a dream come true that I never really thought I would do. I definitely recommend jumping when the opportunity comes along and grabbing hold of those dreams. Go for it.

After all of the travel I have done the past couple months you would think I would stay home. But a planned small adventure had been on the agenda for quite awhile to visit my sister-in-law next week; so I will return here in a week. Several have asked me to share pictures of some of my shopping, which I will do when I return.

Sending love,

Marilyn

No comments: