Monday, June 8, 2009

A Peek

Posted by Picasa
When I started Delights of the Heart a year ago my goal was to remind me and share the things that delight my heart and make me happy. So often I would find myself or others around me dwelling on the negatives of life and I wanted to have this blog as a journal that delighted me, sort of like a gratitude journal. Fabric delights me. When I walk through a store I love to touch anything that is fabric. The textures, colors, and construction all entertain and bring me joy. This love of fabrics brought me to collecting and loving quilts and vintage children's clothes, which I have shared with you here at Delights of the Heart. It is also why I ended up in a career as an apparel patternmaker for 25years.
Throughout the summer, on Monday's, I will be sharing other fabric delights in my fabric collection. They might be tablecloths, pillowcases, aprons, tea towels, or tea cozies. Come along and take a peek into my linen cupboard. Though it looks messy, there are some fun delights. Just peeking into the cupboard, what do you see? Is there something that is teasing you to see more?
****
I can't believe I have been sharing here at Delights of the Heart for 1 year. I love sharing with you and visiting your blog homes, if I have the link.
Have a great week~

13 comments:

Annie Jeffries said...

What is that pretty cloth (red/pink/aqua) above the pretty yellow.

Marilyn Miller said...

It's a vintage table cloth. I will share it next week.

parTea lady said...

Looking forward to seeing your fabric collection. Enjoyed the peek into your linen cupboard.

Rosemary said...

Happy Blogiversary! Can it really be a year? Marilyn, you have shared many beautiful photos and touching thoughts, bringing enjoyment to many.
Nancy

Laurie said...

Thanks for sharing your linens Marilyn, and I can't wait to see more! On the right side below the doily, would love to see it whole!

Marilyn Miller said...

Laurie,
It's a cute small cloth with embroidery that I am sure the share. My daughter found it at Goodwill last year and gave it to me for Christmas.

tangobaby said...

Congratulations on your special anniversary. It's wonderful to see how a year passes in the blog world. I'm glad you're sharing your the things that make you happy.

martha said...

Thank you for sharing so many photos and thoughts to make all of our hearts sing!
Congratulations on your first blog anniversary, Marilyn!

Unknown said...

Congrats on 1 year. I love your blog.

Angela McRae said...

And I love that you are so willing to share with us! As far as what I see ... I see some vintage print tablecloths (?) I'd like to see more of, plus bits of lace edging peeking out, and that embroidery of a girl's bonnet ... really I'm a fabric nut too and would enjoy hearing about every single thing in there! If it is meaningful to you, I would enjoy hearing about it!

Mary said...

Hello Marilyn, so glad you stopped by again. Am still trying to catch up with everyone since getting back from England......and all those lovely tea times!!

Your words....... "my goal was to remind me and share things that delight my heart and make me happy".....really touched me. In these busy, difficult days, I share this same feeling. Thank you for continuing to share so much loveliness from around your home.
Happy blog anniversary!

Have a beautiful week.
Mary - ACROSS THE POND

Caryl Lea said...

I do believe I see some yellow here and there!!??

hmmmm.....

Caryl

La Tea Dah said...

I look forward to all your 'linens' posts --- they are a real delight to the heart for me --- and I don't know of too many others who love them as much as I do. So --- you are my kindred linen spirit! LOL! Even tattered linens are special!!!!!

LaTeaDah