Monday, April 5, 2010

Easter Family Tea


Each Easter instead of the traditional ham dinner I serve afternoon tea for my family and a few friends.
This year was no different.  I wanted the table to feel like springtime with the colors of green, yellow, and pink.  In my role as hostess, I did forget to take pictures of most of the food.

The menu for our Easter tea:

Roast beef with carmelized onions (my most requested sandwich)
Egg Salad Sandwich with violets from the garden
Asparagus Quiche
Sausage Rolls with hot mustard
Radish Sandwiches with Watercress and Goat Cheese spread
Pea Salad, recipe from Afternoon to Remember Tearoom

Cream Scones with Orange Marmalade and Cream


Rum Bundt Cake with fresh strawberries
Chocolate Cupcakes with Peeps
Dried Apricots and Almonds

Tea with the Savories was the Osmathus Oolong
and with the dessert was a black tea from The Empress.

I had so much fun planning the springtime table and used my green depression glass plates, yellow flowers and napkins, and found some very pretty pink glassware at the market for ice water with slices of lemon.
The stand in the middle of the table was found several years ago in an antique shop that specialized in garden accessories.  It is a flower pot holder that came from a greenhouse in France.  It will go in our greenhouse one day, but for now I thought it would be fun to use on the table.
I think I am going to have to find a larger venue for holding our annual tea, as it is difficult to keep the group to only 10-12 people.


I hope everyone had a lovely day no matter what you celebrate, whether it be Easter or a lovely Spring day.
Double click on the collage to see the pictures in more detail.