Tuesday, July 10, 2012

California Road Trip

Road trips seem to be the mode of travel here this year.
Though the road trip was only four days, it was extra special.
The purpose of the trip was to meet a dear blogger friend from Norway.


On Sunday afternoon we ventured into the heat of
the California valley near Sacramento to this wonderful oasis.
It was the home of my friends hosts, Jane and Lanny.
I couldn't help but take peaks around their wonderful compound.
Jane is an artist, so of course a stop in her studio was part of the tour.
Oh would I love a studio such as Jane's.

There were many different rooms in the garden to sit and visit.
This is looking back at the artist studio, a sweet little house.

There was time to sit and visit here surrounded by grapes
 that will ripen later in the summer.

Oh, but best of all was the purpose for the trip.
To meet my friend, Britt-Arnhild.
You can visit her blog here, The House in the Woods.

We arrived early to have a lovely visit with Britt-Arnhild, her husband, Terje and daughter, Marta.
They were staying in a lovely guesthouse at the back of the property.

One of the pleasures of blogging is having opportunities
such as this and to meet face to face.  
It was a delightful day and one that will always remain in
my memories and I will treasure each moment spent with a new friend.

This is #999 post, remember to leave a comment on Fridays post for a small give-away.
I am sure there will be some tea tucked in with the charm.
I have a special, new Yunnan Gold to share.
The give-away will be tomorrow on my #1000.

16 comments:

Steph said...

Blogging friends are very special!

Annie Jeffries said...

Oh my. Did I miss out or what? You two look wonderful and happy and perfect together. True friends.

Anonymous said...

You two certainly look like soul sisters, just look at you: barefeet, capri slacks, beautiful silver hair, and lovely smiles!

Rosemary said...

How fantastic! The internet has certainly made the world a much smaller place!

South Bay Ladies' Tea Guild said...

If you're going to be in the San Jose area, let me know! You are welcome to stop by for some iced tea!

Elizabeth Urbach from ATAA

La Tea Dah said...

Oh wow, how very special that you got to meet Britt-Arnhild. It looks like you had a wonderful time!!! I'm so happy for you both! And the gardens of your friends --- soothing and calm. Very nice.

Jeanie said...

Oh, how fun! I am so happy that you were able to meet Britt. It's much harder to meet those bloggers far, far away -- or maybe we try harder when we have the chance!

relevanttealeaf said...

What a wonderful summer you've had of travels and "meet-ups" with friends [both old and new]. So happy for you and this latest adventure.

Linda Jennings said...

How exciting to travel to meet your blogging friend!

Linda P said...

It must have been a thrill to meet up with your friends. You look so happy!

Chris from bestflights.co.za said...

It's always nice when you get to meet fellow bloggers, especially from the other side of the world. It's like meeting long lost friends!

Angela McRae said...

Did you coordinate those gorgeous pink tops you both wore? ;)

How fun to meet a blogger friend from so far away!

BrittArnhild said...

It was lovely to meet you Marilyn.

Next time in Norway :-)

BrittArnhild said...

It was lovely to meet you Marilyn.

Next time in Norway :-)

Relyn Lawson said...

You have the best hair, you know? I think it every time I see a picture of you, but I am not sure I've ever told you. You do, my friend, just gorgeous.

Jane Hansjergen said...

We were so pleased that you were able to join us at the BBQ and celebrate the arrival of the Lindland family. I only just followed the link to visit your blog, and appreciate all you kind words about our home and gardens. Our adventure has taken on many wonderful turns and detours...all for the best. We are now all at the lovely grounds of Asilomar in Monterey. Tomorrow the aquarium!