Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Twice Delighted

Normally I am happy if we make it to Tillamook, Oregon once in a year for tea at LaTeaDa.
Since we were headed for a weekend at the beach
my live-in gardener thought we should have tea in Tillamook
one more time this year.
As you can see it was a quiet day, but they were already
for the holiday coming next month.
A peaceful sip of English Breakfast did the trick on a cold, icy afternoon.
Then to cleanse the palate there was mango sorbet.
The tea tier full of food is always delicious here.
It looks like even the pitcher of water in the gurgling fish concurs.
There was the usual egg salad, tomato with cheese and basil,
but my favorite still remains that sticky sausage roll.
There was a delicious pumpkin bread with pear and white cheddar,
an artichoke tart, and the stacked sandwich was perfect for the holiday
season with turkey, cucumber, and cranberry sauce.
Scones are not shown here, but always a delight.
The sweets were a pumpkin roll, rhubarb crisp, cookie, and mint brownie.
There always is a box to take some away to delight later in the day.
Then just for fun, they tempt you with pies to go.
No pie this day for me, but just to pretty not to share.
Just viewing them here makes me start thinking of pies yet to make for Thanksgiving.
Are you ready for preparations for the big day next week?
For those of you in Canada, you have already celebrated.
Are there similar celebrations in other countries?

PS:  Don't forget to let me know if you would like a discount code to buy tea from TeaVivre.

15 comments:

Time Traveling in Costume said...

I hope I find time to go to a holiday tea this year. It always makes it so special. And yummy looking pies they have to tempt you there with. :)
That gurgling fish pitcher has me intrigued. It's adorable.
Val

Steph said...

I have yet to make it here. MUST go!

Donna and Miss Spenser said...

Takes my breath away every time! Thanks for sharing! What a sweet gardener you have! (Smiles)

Zaa said...

How I wish to find such a place for teatime...Looks relaxing and yummy...Such a nice get-away before the business of Christmas ... Whimsical pitcher made me smile...I love animated nature ( ha ha)... ENJOY your Teatime...Hugs

Laura Morrigan said...

Yum!

Laura Morrigan said...

Yum!

Adrienne said...

I'm thrilled to see that LaTeaDah is still open. The last I knew it was for sale with the possibility of closing if no one decided to buy it. What a wonderful place. I need to head that way and have tea there again.
~Adrienne~

Lorrie said...

Looks like a wonderful place for a spot of tea! Enjoy your Thanksgiving preparations!

Bernideen said...

This is a really classic tea room with lovely decor. The food looks wonderful so thanks for sharing!

Jeanie said...

Well, I am captivated to the max! Beautiful AND delicious! Oh, that tea dessert looks divine!

Tracy said...

Soooo BEAUTIFUL and FESTIVE! LOVE the sorbet presentation in the demitasse cup... well, everythings is so wonderful, and wonderfully presented! Those pies.... *drool*... I'm reading this before lunch, and suddenly I'm ready to skip right to dessert... LOL! Here in Norway we don't have Thanksgiving, and no celebration like it. So I miss this holiday from back home, and am VERY thankful to be going home to the US next week to celebrate with my family. I was at the hairdresser last week, who actually knew about Thanksgiving (many don't here) and was saying how she wished we had such a day. A day set aside to offer gratitude and love, shared with family & friends... The world could need more of that, I think. ;o) Wishing you & yours the happiest celebrations next week! ((LOVE & HUGS))

martea said...

So happy that you two enjoyed this special tea experience again and just before the holidays makes it even better.
The sticky sausage roll would be my favorite, too. But I love the idea of the pear and white cheddar on the pumpkin bread. Thanks for sharing.

Linda Jennings said...

Thank you for sharing your photos and your delightful tea experience. your gardener is a keeper!

Deanna Rabe - Creekside Cottage Blog said...

Beautiful tea room! We used to have several tea rooms in my area of Pennsylvania but only one real one is left!

I love a beautiful tea room.

Deanna

Annie Jeffries said...

What a delightful surprise to see the picture of the tea room. Don and I were there once, many years ago.