Friday, March 27, 2015

Further Yosemite Adventures

  The chapel in Yosemite sits where once there was a whole village.
The surroundings were so peaceful, we lingered awhile.
  The Wawona Hotel has been here since the late 1800's.
Though it was closed for the winter we delighted in walking through the grounds
and peeking in windows.  How I would love coming in summer and sitting
on this veranda/porch.
The Ahwahnee Hotel sitting room just captured our heart.
The fireplaces were large enough to step into.
 I could imagine sitting here with my cup of tea on a cold, snowy day.
Tea is awaiting right here in this special place.
Will you join me?
What tea would you like today?
Tea is served at 4PM each day.
Time for dinner in the hotel restaurant.
Can you see me sitting there? Oh no, I am taking the picture with a full tummy.
The light, the soft piano music, the ambiance, the wait staff, and the food
was impeccable, just amazing!  Truly a once in a lifetime experience I will never forget.
I loved walking that red carpet and savoring the view through the windows.
Our time in Yosemite has come to a close, but the memories will linger for
the rest of my lifetime.
I may show another glimpse or two soon, but for now saying farewell to our
beautiful Yosemite National Park.

Happy Dreaming dear friends!
Have a delightful weekend.

6 comments:

Adrienne said...

I LOVED walking that red carpet with you through your words and photos! Such a beautiful setting for the chapel and the old hotel. I'm ready to leave for my dream of seeing this wonderful place someday! Thank you for sharing it with us - I'm ready to see more.
~Adrienne~

Laura Morrigan said...

The rooms look cosy and the dining hall very grand, I love the chapel like windows!

martea said...

I'm sure your memories of the beauty of Yosemite will linger for the rest of your lifetime, Marilyn.
I know they have for me....was so special of you to share the wonderment of it all.
We attended church services in that little church and had meals in that magnificent dining room....
Just beautiful to remember it all.

Did you get to see Yosemite Falls?

Linda P said...

A memorable experience for you. Thank you for sharing, Marilyn.

Jeanie said...

I am so glad you got to experience the Ahwahnee Hotel's wonderful dining room. I remember it as being one of the most fabulous dining experience in my life -- outstanding service, delicious and well prepared food and the perfect ambience. I'm sorry Wawona wasn't open -- enjoyed a summer lunch there and it was delightful. Completely different in feel but equally memorable. But I'm glad you could walk the grounds and such. What a glorious trip!

Tracy said...

Hi, Marilyn! Sooo much enjoying your travels around Yosemite! Half Dome...*sigh*... And this place... WOW... to eat in that beautiful hall, and such views!! That little chapel is so sweet--I'd want to stay there. ;o) Oh, and LOVED that little tea shack-of-a-place a few posts back. So much fun catching up with you! I've been offline some days--life, you know... Wishing you a continued wonderful time away, and HAPPY EASTER BLESSINGS to you & yours. :o) ((HUGS))