Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Tea Time in California

There have been two tea time opportunities on this adventure.
The one above was taken during tea time with a tea friend at
a wonderful pastry shop in Sebastopol.
We shared pastries too beautiful to eat (almost) and
tea from Mariage Freres, mine was Marco Polo.
Tea time is always made special when shared with a friend.
The day before my "live-in gardener" and I had tea at a new tearoom
in Sebastopol on Main Street, Muir's Tea Room.
It was the first vegan tearoom I had ever visited and quite good.
I had the Door Way to a New World tea, which included:
One pot of tea, I had chai.  Refills of hot water were available.
One very good scone with clotted cream and jam
One finger sandwich of field roast with tomato, jack cheese, and avocado.
Then I added two more sandwiches:  Pear and walnut with cream cheese and oil and balsamic vinegar
Plus a cucumber sandwich with cream cheese.
For dessert a cake ball of white cake with orange.
The tea room is named after a Scottish naturalist, John Muir,
who started The Sierra Club.
He said:  The mountains are calling, and I must go.
Seeking out new tea experience while taking a road trip - Delightful! and I must go.

7 comments:

Mary said...

I visited Angelica's page and found it so beautiful - if the pastries taste as good as they look it must be amazing! Love how the sisters followed a dream - they must make an awesome business partnership.

On to Muir's Tea Room, another interesting place and so pretty. The food looks good too!

Glad you and J are having such a great trip dear - you deserve it after the surgery and months of recuperation around the house.

Happy travels - love, Mary XX

Sylvia said...

Your teacup is beautiful and I just love that house!

Rosemary said...

Oh, I know I would enjoy both of those places! Thank you for sharing your delightful experiences!

Linda Jennings said...

Lovely! I know you are having a wonderful time on your travels.

Nora @ Teacup Tales said...

Muir's Tea Room looks really interesting and its setting is so perfect for a tea room. Are all the dishes vegan there? Just wondering how the "vegan" clotted cream and cream cheese tasted.

Laura Morrigan said...

Awww that little ducky teacup! I have vegan friends who would love a vegan high tea!

Jeanie said...

How divine! Your photos of the tea treats look scrumptious -- I want to jump in and snatch them up!