Thursday, November 12, 2015

Limited Edition

Recently Steven Smith Teamaker had a limited edition tea.
That means it is only for sale until the 400+ boxes of tea are sold out.
I was fascinated, since it also included a small jar of Huckleberry jam
in the box.  The tea they combined with the jam was a smokey tea,
much like a Russian Caravan.
The recommendation was to sweeten the brewed tea with a teaspoon of jam.
This is how if is often done in Russia and a fine tradition it is.
Since I am not a sweet tea person, I found it a bit too sweet for me;
however, I love the tea and the jam separately.

If you are a sweet tea person, how do you like to sweeten your tea?
Have you tried jam in the cup?

9 comments:

Lorrie said...

I do like my tea lightly sweetened, usually with honey. But jam - oh my - the thoughts that are going through my head! I'm off to brew a cup and sweeten it with my homemade raspberry jam.

Deb said...

I love adding honey to my herbal teas and just milk to black tea. I do love jam, though, and now am intrigued. :) Deb

Lady Linda said...

I'm not sure I would have liked the tea with the jam either. It just sound too sweet. Interesting...

Ginger said...

Interesting. I've never heard of using jam to sweeten tea. I do not sweeten my hot tea. But a glass of iced tea is best sweet. 😀

Tracy said...

Must say, for all my love of tea, I'm not a big fan of Russian Caravan--that smokiness just dominates too much for my enjoyment. And I'm not much for sweetening my hot tea, so I'm like jam in my tea all... LOL! A hot cup I take straight-up, usually. A cold tea sweetened is OK. My hubby TJ likes a scant teaspoon of brown sugar in his hot cup. It's always fun to see/hear how folks take their tea. :o) Happy Weekend, Marilyn ((HUGS))

Jeanie said...

I take my tea straight or with lemon. Jam seems a bit much, but I suppose it it was very strong... Still, nice to have such a unique package and you can always use the jam on scones!

parTea lady said...

I've never tried sweetening tea with jam. I take my black tea with a splash of organic milk. Once in a while I'll treat myself to a little honey in my tea.

Laura said...

I use honey and had never thought of using jam. I will definitely try it. Thanks for the tip.
blessings
~*~

Angela McRae said...

I almost never put any sweetener in my hot tea, but in the summer I will sometimes make a simple syrup (especially if I have freshly grown mint to flavor it with) to sweeten iced tea. I have not tried a spoon of jam in my tea but I am going to try that, just out of curiosity!