Wednesday, May 8, 2019

Just Last Saturday

With sunshiny weather and the need to get out,
my adventure encompassed some delights that tickled my heart
and just made me smile.
When the camera comes out my grandson can't resist a pose.
We were off to the plant sale and he was on the hunt.
 No, it wasn't flowers he wanted.
Not even some strawberry plants for his garden.
But a venus fly trap was calling to him.
Isn't that what any little 6 year old guy would want?
 Now I spotted teacups and teapots for the garden.
 There were 6 rows like this and most of them were packed.
 Each of us came home with a plant.
Then after the grandson returned home,
my "live-in  gardener" and I took a little hike.
He had never viewed the camas lily; so I showed him where to find them.
 There were meadows and fields full of them in glorious beauty.
And a few trees here and there too.

Now if you look really close between the trees you will see Mt.Hood,
a volcanic mountain about an hour drive from Portland.

But the soft glow of blue and pink wildflowers was what we wanted to see.

I love this trail and it is an easy walk.
If we looked here and there more flowers appeared.
How it delights my heart to walk through fields of flowers 
and spending time with one special guy at the plant show too.

Excuse me for slowly adding posts.
For some reason the internet at my home is quite slow lately
or maybe it is blogspot.
Blogspot doesn't want to load more than two or three pictures at
a time; so I must persevere.

Take time for an adventure each and every week.

4 comments:

mamasmercantile said...

Loved the teacups, what a wonderful addition they would make to a garden. Such fun to hunt for plants with your Grandson.

Angela McRae said...

The picture of your grandson makes me smile! And I love seeing where your gallivanting takes you. So many unusual flowers. Wish I could tag along one day!

Jeanie said...

I'm so behind reading posts that if you posted faster, I might never make it!

It looks like a perfectly wonderful day -- all that sun, sweet smiles and a Venus Flytrap too! Love it ALL!

Tracy said...

Ooohhh... what a grand day out at that plant sale! How cute is your grandson--how much he's grown, though! And then what an interesting contrast with the hike and wide open spaces... LOVELY! :) ((HUGS))