Friday, May 3, 2019

Tea by Candlelight

The weather warms and beckons me outdoors.
Both tea and flowers are my delight.
The moonlight is rising into the sky.
Candles lite, it is time for tea.
A dreamer is one
who can only find her way by moonlight.
~Oscar Wilde
 So moonlight it is!
 The Way of Tea:
Follow it, and ever deeper it goes;
Like the field of Musashi
Where the moon is limpid,
With depths that draw us onwards.
~ Rikansai
So the moon creates the ambiance,
tea beckons by candlelight.
Come sit awhile and sip with me.
Poetry we read.
The night is young,
the birds quiet in the evening light,
and now we smile with satisfied delight.

Happy weekend, dear friends!
Go out and find the moon,
sit awhile for spring is here.

5 comments:

Sandi said...

a delight!

Red Rose Alley said...

Marilyn, you always set the nicest table for tea. This is really pretty with the candles and tea cups and flowers and book. And I love the "dreamer" quote. I think that's true. : )

~Sheri

Jeanie said...

What a pretty tea table, Marilyn. Tea by candelight -- it couldn't be lovelier!

Tracy said...

These images are GORGEOUS, Marilyn... so magical! I just love how your "party" ;) ((HUGS))

Adrienne said...

You always take tea to the most wonderful places! I am going to plan to have tea by candlelight when we next have warm weather.
~Adrienne~