Monday, February 24, 2020

Word for the Day - 2020

Time
from wikipedia:
Time is the indefinite continued progress of existence and events that occur in an apparently irreversible succession from the past, through the present, into the future.[1][2][3] Time is a component quantity of various measurements used to sequence events, to compare the duration of events or the intervals between them, and to quantify rates of change of quantities in material reality or in the conscious experience.[4][5][6][7] Time is often referred to as a fourth dimension, along with three spatial dimensions.

Not sure my head wraps around all this talk of intervals 
and dimensions, but I do know sometimes time for me goes to
fast and sometimes, especially as a child, time went slow when
 anticipating something special.
 
"Time is the dressmaker specializing in alterations." 
~Faith Baldwin 
Time can be marked by the changes in styles.
This dressmaker marks time by remembering a different time in her sewing.
Time often frames our day.
Through the good times and the bad times life moves on.
Happy Monday, dear ones!
Spend your time with JOY, or as some say "spend it wisely". 

6 comments:

Lorrie said...

Time is a funny/strange concept, isn't it? Love the quote about the dressmaker analogy. Alterations are certainly something that occur over time. It does us well to embrace change rather than fight it, and to cling to the truths that we know don't change with time. Lots to think about.

Red Rose Alley said...

Marilyn, love these old outfits going back in time. And I really love the picture of the girls with special words. Time is a good word for the day. We should spend our time with goodness always, and as you said, "spend it wisely." Thank you, Marilyn, for the sweet reminder.

~Sheri

Sandi said...

"Spend your time with JOY, or as some say "spend it wisely". "

Amen to that!

Jeanie said...

I have become all too aware with time -- or the lack thereof -- in recent years. It seems to move so quickly, far more fast than I wish! It's a great word and beautifully illustrated as always!

mamasmercantile said...

So much there for us to think about, Time always flies by when I am busy.

Mary said...

"Do not count the days, just make the days count" - I saw that quote somewhere recently. Guess it's another way to think about time passing.
This time of year seems the slowest on the calendar. I admit that I never really enjoyed February, dreary and crawling along, but because I've been so busy these past few weeks, I've actually embraced the month and really enjoyed the days . . . . . .and I suppose made each one count!

Time rolls on much faster now - I think as we age we are all aware of this so must make each day precious.
Mary x