Thursday, October 30, 2008

Taormina and the Greek Theater

Yes, I said we would be on to Barcelona, but I almost missed Taormina. We wouldn't want to miss Taormina, on the Island of Sicily. It was a beautiful ancient town at the top of a bluff overlooking the Mediterranean. Beautiful! Now can't you just picture yourself sitting at this table looking at that view?
The main street of Taormina had many quaint shops and sights. Later there was a wedding taking place along this street and the women came down the street dressed in their finest, pushing their baby carriages. Oh I wish I had taken their pictures.
The stairs leading to more enchanting sights.
I love the colour of the pot.
And such sights to see in each shop window. Beautiful colours!
An antique shop with a teapot I would have loved to bring home. Alas, the price was more than I wanted to pay, but the picture was free.
At the far end of the main street through town we came to the Greek Theater. Oh what concerts must have been enjoyed here.
The Greek Theater from up above. There was a bookstore up here and we came home with a recipe book of Sicilian cooking. Now I must get started cooking.

2 comments:

Annie Jeffries said...

Oh Marilyn, what an enchanting place. So much visual candy. I especially liked the sunflowered cherub.

Steph said...

Yes, I can picture sitting there - with my journal, just writing and watching the day. :-) Lovely

That photo of the stairs and the colored pot is very good. Not that any of them are shabby, by any means!