Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Recently Read Books

I picked up The Tea Rose by Jennifer Donnelly a couple months ago. I was intrigued by the title. It had the word Tea, which I love, and Rose, which I also love. I wasn't disappointed. The story did include a lot of tea during the late 1800's in London, but there was also an intriguing story line. Their were many twists and turns and I was kept guessing at the outcome. Definitely a book that captured my attention.
I just finished The Winter Rose, which has some of the same characters as The Tea Rose. It also captured my attention and I enjoyed it very much. Jennifer Donnelly's writing skills were very fine tuned to keep me reading to the end. Yes, it wasn't until the very end that I knew the outcome of the story. Both books were very good reads and I can't wait now for what will come next. There is intrigue, mystery, love, and sadness all wrapped up in each one of these books.


La Tea Dah said...

These books look very interesting -- I love the names!

But what I really love is your pretty new header. Great photography! I love it!


Annie said...

More books for my Good Reads list of "to be read". Thanks!!

Steph said...

Ah, I read the tea rose but didn't there was another.