Thursday, January 23, 2014

Winter Tea Time

 Welcome!
 Come sit awhile.
 It's tea time here.
Winter tea time is the best time for sitting by the fire with a friend.
Won't you join me? Oh, I would love to sit here with you.
There are chicken curry croissants, cucumber sandwiches,
thumbprint cookies with lavender jelly, and French macarons
of roses and fleur de sel.
The tea today is Teavivre's Yun Nan Dion Hong, golden tip black tea.
The tea service is Noritake M, made in Japan, a soft creamy yellow.
Come join me for tea by my fire.

If you would like a sample of the tea, please leave a comment today,
and I will draw a name and announce it tomorrow morning.
If you are leaving a comment, make sure there is a link to your blog
or a way to contact you.
PS - I will be away from my computer for awhile today, so if you
don't see your post right away please don't worry.

18 comments:

Bernideen said...

Oh Marilyn - I want to be here! This is wonderful and I love all your selections and creations! Beautiful posting!!!

Butterfly 8)(8 Bungalow said...

SO pretty! It sounds delicious!

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Tea by the fireside; how perfect especially at this time of year! Love your china and the food selections sound just wonderful. I have never had lavender jelly; sounds divine! Thank you for coming to tea and helping me celebrate my Tea Party Anniversary.

Blessings,
Sandi

Ana said...

Beautiful table, Marilyn!

Patty Rumaker said...

So lovely. Don't you wish people did this more - or at all.
Patty at Home and Lifestyle Design

Sylvia said...

What a wonderful Tea and the fire is so cozy on this cold day! Thanks for inviting me inside.

Minabird said...

Wow! That is an awesome set up. I wish I could be sitting there right now. I would also love some tea. Since I am a new tea drinker I would like to expand my horizons. Thanks for the cozy post today.

Jeanie said...

Oh, Marilyn, I can think of nothing lovelier than settling into a cozy spot by your fireplace with a cuppa tea and delicious treats. The best treat, of course, the company!

Lorrie said...

I love your two chairs pulled up to the table close to the fire. A perfect winter's tea setting.

Anonymous said...

so lovely and warm
visited my favorite tea room today with friends
delightful to visit you here

Laurie said...

I would love to sit and have tea with you Marilyn, it looks so inviting and cozy.

Tracy said...

SOOO COZY!! A fireside winter tea... perfectly charming... And so lovely with the tea sample. Thank you for the fun, Marilyn! Happy Days ((HUGS

Joy said...

That is so lovely! A warm fire sounds perfect on this cold morning, I would LOVE to come have tea with you.

Mary said...

I'm unable to comment much with my computer problems but want you to know I'm stopping by!
Love Mary X

paris parfait said...

What a charming setting for tea! Looks and sounds lovely.

Linda Jennings said...

Beautiful! This makes me want to set a tea table in front of my living room fireplace....

Angela McRae said...

Now this is the very definition of a cozy teatime! Just lovely!

Rosemary said...

Your tea table will be very crowded as I see there are many that would like to join you for tea! Such an inviting photo!