Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Random Whimsy and Laugh

 The sky the other night had a pink glow about it.
 Graffiti on a fence.  She looks happy!
The blue deer watching traffic in the rain.

Just thinking about my word for the year, LAUGH.
This has been a hard word for me, as I have realized more and more,
I just don't laugh.
On Facebook when someone posts something that they said
really made them laugh, I might smile, but there isn't a good belly laugh.
A word that has begun walking beside laugh is FAITH.
I am beginning to think I need more faith in laughter.
Allow it to just be and open up to it more.
Life is too short not to LAUGH.
So for today I will savor the pink cotton candy sky, 
smile with the girl on the fence
and laugh at a blue deer standing by the roadside.

7 comments:

Steph said...

It seems like LAUGH is the perfect word for you to consider this year! Here's to laughter! And tea!

Catherine said...

Dear Marilyn, I very much understand your post and am able to relate. I think we begin to safeguard our heart from hurt. I will keep you in my prayers. Blessings, Catherine

Jeanie said...

That sky is great!

And I get exactly what you said -- not so much about laughing, because I laugh a lot. But having faith in it. My word is NOW and sometimes it's pretty easy to let "now" wait till later!

Gigi Thibodeau said...

I think about laughter a lot. Someone I love dearly--and who makes me laugh more than anyone else I know--is fighting a tough battle against cancer right now. I talk with him several times a week, and I am amazed that even in the darkest of times, we always end up laughing until the tears pour down my cheeks. I am grateful for him every single day. I think you picked a fantastic word for the year, Marilyn. xo

Relyn Lawson said...

Isn't that funny? I laugh all the time. ALL THE TIME. My daughter assures me that quite often I what I am laughing at isn't actually funny. I just tell her, "Who cares? It makes me happy." Here's to more laughter. This always makes me laugh: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AsQaxtqkErs&index=10&list=PLA74C1B4226605DB2

Angela McRae said...

I think that is some of the cutest graffiti I've ever seen! It didn't make me laugh exactly but I sure did smile!

Joy said...

I hope you will find many things to smile and laugh about today!