Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Dance

As a little girl I was not allowed to dance.
My mother and the church said it was a sin.
I often wondered about that for my heart wanted to dance.
Secretly I would twirl in the forest when no one was around
and dream of tutu's fluttering in the air.
So when I often say to dance
sometimes it is just a twirl of the heart.
Sometimes dance is a smile and a toe that wiggles.
Sometimes dance is the laughter of two friends sharing a story
and
Sometimes it is a full out dance to the music.
Movement to the music and the hearts song feels oh so good.
So today pump up that music and dance.

Photo taken at a recent church function,
for you see my church now dances and I smile.

6 comments:

Jeanie said...

I'm so glad you can dance now, Marilyn. It's so joyful!

Lorrie said...

I grew up with the same rules - it was hard. I would twirl and twirl by myself.
Several years ago my husband and I took dancing lessons. So much fun! I'd love to do more.
David danced before the Lord.

Laura Morrigan said...

I am glad you get to dance now, it is so wonderful and soul fulfilling!

beth said...

and our church held dances….go figure!
xo

Angela McRae said...

So glad you became free to dance! :)

parTea lady said...

Dancing does the heart good, doesn't it. ☺