Friday, December 19, 2014

Sing a Joyful Noise!








The children came as Mary, Joseph, angels, shepherds, and wisemen,
but the little ones as animals delighted my heart.
They did their own thing with a smile on their face.
It is the spirit of Christmas,
the children's delights
at the awesomeness
of singing
and
just telling the story.
The songs they did sing,
What Child is This?
and rocked the house with
Children, Go Where I Send Thee,
ending with Oh Holy Night.
How the faces smiled
and delighted in 
the spirit of Christmas.

Find the delight and savor the smiles
of children at Christmas
and a story well said.

8 comments:

Lorrie said...

I love watching the little ones at a Nativity play. They look bewildered, much as I expect the shepherds did, and beautifully innocent. Lovely photos.

Jeanne said...

How sweet and special.
Much love
Merry Christmas my friend
Love Jeanne

Jeanie said...

Such love and joy here. I don't think that's baby D in the khakis and plaid shirt but no matter -- he is adorable!

Linda said...

Great post...what lovely photos. :)

Barbara said...

First time on your blog and the first image just drew me in, what a delightful image. Love the candids of all the kids and their true expressions just delightful. My son lives in the Portland area and that is one thing I love about this area is the fun get togethers of a true hometown feel. I fell it has been lost in most towns and cities here in the good old US.

Antiques And Teacups said...

How fun! I used to teach Kindergarten and have been a choir director & pagaent director...and the children are so much fun! I love their perspective on life! Thanks for the memories your wonderful post brought to mind!
Ruth

Angela McRae said...

Now if that doesn't make everyone smile, I don't know what will! Thanks for sharing the joy!

Joy said...

So precious!