Thursday, December 4, 2014

It's Beginning to Look like Christmas

 Digital tree in Jamison Square,
both the picture above and below as it changes colors.

 At the center of the city, Pioneer Place, the living room of Portland, Oregon.
 The tree on Mississippi Avenue.
 Early evening along the river at The Spaghetti Factory.
And just because every tree must have a train.

I haven't made it to all the public trees in each neighborhood, but if I find 
more I will share.  I know there is one not far from me in my neighborhood.
I must do more exploring.
It is the lights that delight my heart 
and make entering the darkest nights more tolerable.

Yes, it is beginning to look like Christmas in my part of the world of Portland, Oregon.
Are you finding delight in the lights of the season in your part of the world?

4 comments:

Lorrie said...

Seeing all the lights on the houses and trees during these dark days is a wonderful sight. Thanks for sharing your views.

Laura Morrigan said...

I always find Christmas trees so magical!

Jeanie said...

Oh Marilyn, It's beautiful. I'm having trouble getting the light in the house this year, what with being so sick -- not to mention getting out to find some, but it will happen.

Judith @ Lavender Cottage said...

The trees are so pretty, even the one during daylight hours. Since we're in a rural area only the houses are decorated, and not that many but I enjoy the ones that are.
We purchased an elf light that projects tiny dots of red and green on the front of our house which is kind of neat. A drive to the city north of us has trees and a nativity scene all in lights along the waterfront.