Thursday, April 5, 2018

Kindness for All

Never, never be afraid to do what's right,
especially if the well-being of a person or animal is at stake.
Society's punishments are small compared to the wounds
we inflict on our soul when we look the other way.
~Martin Luther King Jr.

In reading this quote this morning
I am reminded of my words for the year,
both Kindness and Courage. 
We must not be afraid to do what's right
for YES it does make a difference in our soul.
Remember to treat each other with Love and Kindness.

Picture: my resident cat, Joey.
Or Joy for Joey is his official full name.

4 comments:

Red Rose Alley said...

I've been thinking about this a lot lately, Marilyn. So many people look away, don't speak up, don't protect, and it's sad. Martin Luther King quotes are the best.

Hello Joey. ; )

~Sheri

Tracy said...

Oh, Joey... such a JOY to see you! :) And love this inspiration, Marilyn... ((HUGS))

Jeanie said...

Hi Joey! I've been wondering how you are! I've missed your sweet orange-boy face.

I've never heard (though long believed) this quote. Thank you for sharing it. Perfect for the week and always.

wisps of words said...

Lovely Joy For Joey! :-)

Once upon a time, we had a yellow cat. She was beautiful, but had a very nasty disposition. -sigh- She had no use for anyone. And only for me, for the duty of feeding her.

Her mother was a friend's cat and the most lovely of cats. Must be her father was a mean ol' alley cat. And she got his disposition.

So unlike our previous wonnnnnnnderful adopted stray. -sigh-

Enjoy your precious Joey!!!!!