Thursday, July 19, 2018

Barefoot and Blues

 At heart a barefoot girl in summer.
Ahhh, the warmth of the sun shining just there.
The ground warm with the heat of the day.
The grass tickling my toes.
Add to that a little bluesy music and my heart takes flight.
Does your heart swing,
does your heart fly when a little music causes you to move?
The music playing in my ears brings me JOY.
Dancing with bare toes is pure DELIGHT.
Sway, Dance, and let your heart take flight.

"Be the girl who walks barefoot and listens to blues." Anonymous

I found this quote earlier this summer 
and the images it played in my mind were so special I just had to share.
What images does it play in your mind?
My iPod goes with me to the gym, plays for me when I work around the house,
and even played soothing sounds as I picked blueberries recently.

Happy weekend, dear friends!

5 comments:

Tracy said...

Oh, this was sweet, Marilyn! A LOT of barefoot days here too. It's been too hot for socks and shoes... LOL! LOVE the image of the crazy-patched star and your iPod--such fun! The quote is music itself! I didn't always used to go around barefoot, but have been this year--it's been so HOT here. I think the feeling of being closer to the Earth with no shoes. I'm barefoot in the garden mostly, with birdsong and butterflies dancing... Living near the sea, we have a lot of seagulls around, and they "laugh" more than sing, but it's their song, and I love it! :) Happy Days, my friend... keep dancing!! ((HUGS))

wisps of words said...

-smile-

I'm probably one of the 3 people, who does not own an iPod.

Can you believe this?

It's true.

-smile-

Red Rose Alley said...

You're a girl after my own heart, Marilyn. I can just see you going barefoot, dancing, and listening to the music while you pick blueberries. Have you heard the song "dream a little dream for me" by the Mamas and the Papas? I think you'd like it. It was played on my blog the first year when we had music. It's a soothing song, and just you makes you feel happy. : )

Have a pleasant weekend.

~Sheri

Red Rose Alley said...

Oooops, I meant "dream a little dream of me."

Jeanie said...

I'm with you. I'm happiest when I'm barefoot. A little tune, all the better!