Monday, July 9, 2018

Monday's Tea Quote


"I am a hardened and shameless tea drinker,
who has for twenty years diluted his meals only
with the infusion of this fascinating plant;
whose kettle has scarcely time to cool;
who with tea amuses the evening,
with tea solaces the midnight,
and with tea welcomes the morning."
~Samuel Johnson

I must agree, "I am a hardened and shameless tea drinker";
however, much I do love tea most often tea is only imbibed
in the mornings or I wouldn't sleep at night.  Sniff!
Yesterday I enjoyed tea in the afternoon and
here I am in the middle of the night
sitting at my computer.
Maybe a midnight cup of tea is what I need,
for indeed tea would solace.
Do you drink tea at night?
Does it give solace?

4 comments:

wisps of words said...

No I do not. But since it contains caffeine, I can see how it could keep one awake. Sorrrry......

Angela said...

I've never been a big fan of tea. The only time I drink it is when I'm sick. I drink a tea that's supposed to boost the immune system and it works quite well!

Jeanie said...

I mostly drink tea in the winter and at night. Or when I'm cold! Iced in the summer. I think that's a splendid quote!

Red Rose Alley said...

A hardened and shameless tea drinker....too funny, Marilyn. : )

~Sheri