Tuesday, July 31, 2018

The Moon, My Joy!

On the evening of July 27th my love and I went
to the Columbia River to see the Thunder Moon rise.
First we watched as the sun lowered itself beyond the horizon.
He was in his pajamas, ready for bed; so we sat quietly watching.
But the sandy beach and water were soon to much to resist 
and off he went.
Yes, pajamas were wet and feet sandy;
but we saw that Thunder Moon rise up. 
This "mimi" was creating memories for one little boy.
The river runs by the Portland airport, so at times planes flew over.
And he ran!
Was it the moon or just the heart of a little boy?
My heart was full of both.

PS  - I tried to add a video, but guess it wasn't working. Does anyone know how to add videos to blogspot?

5 comments:

Red Rose Alley said...

These pictures are wonderful, Marilyn. And what's more special is spending time with your little boy. The Thunder Moon is so pretty. I just love that picture of him chasing after it. Such precious moments, indeed.

~Sheri

Linda P said...

Thank you for sharing this special time Marilyn. Your little grandson's excitement captured in the photo is precious. Seeing the Thunder Moon (it's called the Blood Moon here in the UK because of the colour) will be a wonderful memory for him.

roughterrain crane said...

Moon is really beautiful, seems like fairies painted it.

Mary said...

He's growing so much - love the photo of him running beside the moonlit water! Must've been such a wonderful evening and many memories made.
Video uploading? Sorry, I don't know either Marilyn - have tried but also not been successful!

Jeanie said...

This is absolutely wonderful. I love the photos so much but most of all I love the idea, the memories, the concept, just the whole thing. Magic!

I'll try to find out something about videos. I've done it but I don't remember how!