Wednesday, March 27, 2019

A Fashion Show

Well I do like a fashion show and this one was extra special.
Even the host at the microphone sharing stories of each garment
was in a beautiful Victorian dress.
Saturday I had the wonderful opportunity to attend the
Port Townsend, Washington's Victorian Festival Fashion Show.
Just when I would get ready to snap a picture the model would move;
so some of my pictures are a blur.
I did want you to see this one as it seemed so different from what I normally
see for this era. The commentator said this dress was probably worn in her home
to greet her guests for tea.  What a fun thought.
This dress had so many facets to it.
See the picture above with the elbow length sleeves and below
with short sleeves. The top and bottom were separate.
Even the back of the skirt could be changed.
It amazed me at all the thought and details of each and every garment.
I think this model was having a great time.
It was fun to see the guys in the show too.
A new couple in town each strutting along the runway.

How fun to see them stroll by.
What a beautiful young woman modeling the fur and deep green dress.
Sorry I cut off the long train.
I loved being able to sit in the front row and see these beautiful dresses up close.
Here is my friend, Val. She is the reason I came to the show.
She coordinated the show this year and I loved that each model walked
right through the middle of the audience.  Good job, Val!!
The color in her dress was stunning.
Even her hat had such flair.
I know you can't see the front, but the skirt had bows up the center front
with the largest at the bottom of the skirt and getting smaller as they went up.
I couldn't even guess at how much fabric must go into each of these dresses.
This dress just sparkled.
Several models carried fans.
Some flirtation behind the fans was fun.



Beautiful models, gorgeous outfits, and a very lovely show.

9 comments:

Time Traveling in Costume said...

Thank you so much, Marilyn. I'm glad you could finally come back to see it after I took over. Sorry we couldn't stand still long enough for clear photos.
Val

Agnes said...

maybe we will work on being slower next year! Thanks for the photos and the feedback.

The Victorian Girl said...

What a special event! I love historic clothing fashion shows, especially Victorian.

mamasmercantile said...

What a wonderful event, it as a joy to see all those stunning outfits.

Mary said...

Fabulous - what a great time you must have had!!!!!
Sorry no time to write more - life is crazy right now.
Mary x

Jeanie said...

I get the blur. It's hard to hit a moving target and I think you did very well! The gowns and such are fabulous -- I would have really enjoyed this event. They all look so beautifully made. What fun!

Linda P said...

A wonderful event. It was interesting to see the different styles of dress. I'm sure the ladies enjoyed wearing them. My favourite is the elegant red evening dress, but they're all lovely and it was good to see the men in their Victorian costumes too.

Tracy said...

Soooo much FUN! It takes a lot of cloth, detail, skill and care to make such costumes... Beautiful! The reign of Victoria spanned a long time, and with it a long span of varied clothing fashions... it's all really fascinating! I especially like the 1880's and 1890's fashions. Thanks for taking us along! :) ((HUGS))

Rosemary said...

Loved the fashion show photos! What fun to be able to attend. Each outfit was beautiful - from the color to the style to the accessories - you can tell these talented folks enjoy playing dressup!