Friday, March 22, 2019

One More Tea Time


Whew! It seems like I have been to tea quite a lot the past month
and indeed three times is quite a lot for me.
Now I must diet for sure, but in the meantime I wanted to enjoy one more tea time
on my actual birthday last week.
Sadly the Best of British is closing and it was my favorite in this area.
I wanted to have one more tea time there before it closed.
Sitting by this beautiful mantel was both a delight and a time of sadness.
When my grandson had tea with me last fall he loved the kitty pictures above the mantel.
They are such royal kitties for sure.
Sally, one of the owners, knew what tea I would order
and smiled when I didn't disappoint by ordering a nice Darjeeling tea.
The savories and sandwiches are always so good and come out very fresh.
Each savory was also warm.  Yummmm! My favorite part of tea time.
There was a heart shaped scone, but I ate it without a picture.
And then the sweets were served and so beautifully displayed.
It was a beautiful tea time for sure; yet bittersweet.
I will miss this dear tearoom and the owners too.
Best wishes are sent out to the ladies of Best of British;
your shop was a very special place and you did it well.

6 comments:

Red Rose Alley said...

All this food looks scrumptious. Sorry this tea house is closing, Marilyn.
It sounds like a favorite of yours, and what special moments you spent there
with your grandson. That tea cup is gorgeous. Wouldn't mind having that in my collection. ; )

Have a restful weekend.

~Sheri

mamasmercantile said...

Such a shame it is closing. The food looks delicious, what an amazing afternoon tea.

Lorrie said...

Best of British looks like a great place for tea. I'm glad you were able to enjoy it one more time before it closes. The savouries do look delicious, as do the macarons!

Jeanie said...

This is so pretty -- those little tarts look good! I think there are plenty of wonderful spots for tea in your world -- not so much in mine, unfortunately!

Tracy said...

Oh, that is sad... that this lovely place is closing! :( It must be hard to keep a tea room thriving and making something of a profit to keep going. With coffee shops offering quick and take-away "fixes", tea time in this way is a rare treat. We have nothing like it around here. If I want tea time, it's at home. Anyway, so glad you were able to enjoy a cup at Best of British one more time. :) ((HUGS))

Rosemary said...

The memories you captured of this special tea time are delightful. The array of desserts is fabulous. Sorry to hear the tea room is closing. It is never an easy decision but life marches on, and sometimes in a different direction.