Friday, March 1, 2019

The Seasons of Tea


Drinking tea in each season is my delight.
Changing the cup I use is also seasonal along
with the teas I choose to drink.
It is fun to match the season with a cup and tea to savor.
You will see that many of my cups are from Johnson Bros.,
they are sturdy for everyday use and I do love their transferware patterns.
This is my favorite springtime teacup.
In the cup for this season I most love Darjeeling teas.
They are like a taste of springtime, fresh with a slight floral taste.
This is a favorite summertime teacup.
In summer I love Oolong teas or I might sip some
tea from my garden. Lightness is the tea of the day.
My fall teacup has a turkey residing inside.
 I love something a little smokey, maybe Russian Caravan or
even a Puerh in the cup.
For winter this is the teacup I most often use.
In the cup is Yunnan Gold, it is a richer tea than summer's teas.

What fun to think seasonally when drinking tea.
Happy sipping whatever season it is.

Happy weekend, dear friends!

8 comments:

Jeanie said...

I love this! I'm such a sucker for Johnson Brothers china. I have the turkeys, as you know. Love your spring cup and, well, I love them all! That blue is awfully pretty and I'm guessing that ISN'T Johnson. Right or wrong?

What was the name of that netflix movie about the Chelsea gardener? I'm trying to find it. Is it netflix or some other service (I don't have Prime.)

Cheers! And Happy weekend.

Mary said...


All beautiful cups and saucers - love how you choose one for each season Marilyn.
I love Johnson Brothers too - we grew up with a lot of it in England, and as you say, it is sturdy and was, and still is, used in most British homes.

Enjoy the weekend x

Louca por porcelana said...

Oh!They are gorgeous!Hugs!

Bernideen said...

Perfectly appointed for each season!

roughterrain crane said...

Beautiful teacups. Have a nice weekend with cups of excellent tea.

mamasmercantile said...

What a joy to visit and admire your seasonal cups and saucers. Each one with a beauty of its own.

Red Rose Alley said...

I do the same with my tea cups and the seasons, Marilyn. It's nice to change our cups with the changes of weather. Yours are just right for each season, and I really like your Springtime one. The turkey cup is cute for Autumn too. What a delightful post this is.

~Sheri

Rosemary said...

I loved everything about this post! From the idea of using seasonal cups with complementing seasonal teas, to the photographs of the beautiful cups and the lovely backgrounds you selected. This was perfect!