Friday, March 8, 2019

Let the Celebrating Begin

Today there was the beginning celebration of my birthday month
with afternoon tea with a friend.
We were also celebrating a new tearoom in the neighborhood,
Lovejoy's of Portland on NE Killingsworth and 33rd Avenue.
Amazing that it is walking distance from my home and if I continue visiting
there for sure I will need to walk.
Well of course you know I will be back there,
it was good after all and I loved the neighborhood vibe.
In my cup was a nice single estate loose leaf Darjeeling tea from Adagio Tea.
It was suggested we start with the scone since it came out warm.
It had a nice consistency of not too dry and yummy with jam and cream.
Then with the "high tea" (their words for afternoon tea)
there was a leaf salad and cole slaw, then the choice of two sandwiches.
Since there were two of us we each order two different sandwiches
so we could each have four sandwich tastes.
There was:
chicken with asparagus
roast beef with horseradish
smoked salmon with cream cheese
pickled fruit chutney type filling with cheddar cheese

We really like the last sandwich and so different than what I usually find
on my tea time plate.

My friend informed them that it was my birthday;
so out came a candle on a strawberry cake.
Then there was also the choice of one sweet from the plate.
What a perfect way to begin my birthday celebrating
with tea with a special friend.
Happy weekend, dear friends!
Go out and celebrate the month of March with me.

10 comments:

Chy said...

What a great way to celebrate your birthday!! Happy Day!! Chy

mamasmercantile said...

Happy Birthday. Such a fun way to celebrate your Birthday. I am a great fan of afternoon tea.

Linda P said...

This looks like a very special occasion! Happy birthday Marilyn and continue celebrating! xxL

Mary said...

Lovejoy's, your new neighborhood tearoom, looks delightful Marilyn - pretty mix of china, and food looks really fresh. I like the photo with the now old fashioned and outdated British telephone booth. Are there pay phones anymore?
A polka dotted 'red hat society' lady perhaps?

Wishing you a wonderful Birthday month of special days and enjoyable times dear friend.
Mary x

R's Rue said...

Happy Birthday.

Tracy said...

What a BEAUTIFUL and DELICIOUS way to kick off your birthday month, Marilyn! The strawberry candle with candle was such fun! What loveliness... and that you have it just around the corner. That could be dangerously good! ;) Raising a cup to YOU, my friend!! Happy Days!! :))) ((LOVE & HUGS))

Rosemary said...

Let the celebrations begin! Looks like you and your friend had a perfect tea time experience. How delightful!

Painless and Affordable Dental treatment said...

Very interesting post!! You have shared so much amazing experience. Thanks for that. I really enjoyed to know this way of celebration. I am a great fan of English Breakfast Tea and used to start my day with a cup of tea made with Gold English Breakfast Loose Tea

Jeanie said...

What a perfect way to begin your celebrations, Marilyn. Couldn't be more appropriate -- or more beautiful and delicious too. I love seeing the set up (gorgeous) and the menu sounded to die for! Happy Month!

Adrienne said...

I just saw this post. Happy birthday, dear friend. I would love to have tea with you at Lovejoy's sometime. It would be such fun and a good way to catch up with each other.
~Adrienne~