Wednesday, April 24, 2019

Apple Blossoms

If you have followed me for awhile you will know
I am drawn to this orchard at least once a year.
The place of apple blossoms with their tinge of pink
and the grass growing underneath.
It is planted deep in my heart.
Memories of my childhood.
 Ahhhh! The pink!


 Some white blossoms too!
 But it was the pink ones I was after.
 I was a bit too early, but still I swooned.
The orchard is a historic one on Sauvie Island, not far from Portland.
It is not the one I grew up with, but a perfect substitute.
The one I grew up with is in California, too far for a quick jaunt.
The picture below is the orchard where I grew up.
Picture taken in 2017, the last time I visited.
Do you have outdoor memories?

7 comments:

Jeanie said...

Don't you just love that delicate pink and white? I really do!

Linda P said...

An apple orchard in blossom is an uplifting sight. I'm not surprised that you have fond memories of the one in California and like to visit apple orchards when you can. My memory as a child is of a cherry tree full of large pink flowers in a neighbour's garden opposite my Grandma's house. I enjoyed it when the petals began to float down. Now I get pleasure from looking up into the branches of the same variety of ornamental cherry when the blossom is out.

Jean | DelightfulRepast.com said...

Marilyn, your photos are outstanding, and your outdoor memories have kindled a few of my own. My father was a great one for immediately planting a variety of fruit trees on any property he bought.

Red Rose Alley said...

Those apple blossoms are sooooo pretty, Marilyn, and what lovely pictures you took of them. I love their soft Pink color when they bloom. It's nice that you have childhood memories of them as well. : )

~Sheri

Tracy said...

Thanks for taking us back, Marilyn... It's lovely to see the orchard in blossom time and think about all the beautiful apples to come in the autumn! PINK... my fave color! Outdoor memories... oh, so many... I'd have to make a long list! :) Happy Weekend ((HUGS))

Sandi said...

Beautiful!

Rosemary said...

Growing up, we had a big old apple tree in the back forty. I remember picking apples from the ground which my mother turned into homemade applesauce. Warm applesauce is comfort food for me! And on the occasion I make my own, I am quickly transported to my mother's kitchen.