Wednesday, April 3, 2019

Tea Bowl Style and A New Cup

  With my occasional posts on different ways of having or making tea
I thought you might enjoy my friend Stephanie's post on making matcha in a bowl.
Please visit her blog as she does such a lovely explanation. 
I haven't gotten into matcha or making tea in a bowl,
but I enjoy seeing others do it.
The bowls remind me of cereal bowls
and when they wrap both hands around the bowl to sip,
it is a beautiful thing.

I have had the opportunity a couple times to sip this way,
but I usually enjoy sipping English style or just in an Asian small cup.
It is another way of celebrating with tea.

My most recent teacup find is English style transferware,
Spode, Mayflower, made in England.
As I was leaving Lovejoy's Tearoom recently I saw it on the shelf,
after thinking about it until the next day I went back and bought it.
A perfect addition to my transferware collection,
as I didn't have this particular color.
Now off to do a bit of sipping.
 Happy Wednesday, dear friends.

7 comments:

Mary said...

I love that cup and saucer Marilyn - Spode does a good job with transferware especially.
I don't drink tea from latte bowls but do have a set of two pretty small tea bowls I bought in Vietnam.

BTW - can't open the link to your friend Stephanie!

Red Rose Alley said...

Oh, your new tea cup is lovely, Marilyn. I don't know if I mentioned to you, but blue tea cups are the prettiest to me. I can't imagine sipping tea from a bowl, and I have to have a handle, so the other hand is free for goodies. ; )

~Sheri

The Victorian Girl said...

So pretty!

Mrs. Chrissy T said...

Beautiful. I am a new visitor. I plan to make my first cup of English Breakfast Tea this week. I have been researching in it. Lol. I love your blog. Blessings.

Jeanie said...

Marilyn, that has to be one of your prettiest cups ever! I love Spode patterns almost as much as Johnson Brothers!

Lorrie said...

Spode makes such wonderful transferware. Beautiful!

Tracy said...

VERY much enjoyed your friend Steph's post and video and how to make a cup of matcha tea at home! I've not made it before--can you believe?! Until a few years ago, matcha wasn't so easy to get here, and it is expensive. But I must try sometime! LOVE your new transferware cup...sooo beautiful--how lovely the traditional transferware image on the outside of the cup, and then the pretty floral on the inside of it--like a surprise while you sip! Happy Tea Days :) ((HUGS))