Friday, April 5, 2019

Tea from Assam - A Special Treat

When I saw a picture of a tea on Facebook I had admired it's beauty.
It was a handmade black tea made by Heritage Tea Company.
Then the day before my birthday a package arrived at my door
that had this very beautiful tea inside.
What a very special treat from Rajen and June Baruah in the Assam region of India.
Now this is a very special treat partly because it was handmade,
very little was made, and the thought behind sending it to me was so kind.
I have totally enjoyed it.
When you pour the hot water over the tea and can smell a beautiful scent in the steam,
you know it is going to be good.
It is very smooth and even though it really doesn't taste like apricots
that is what is brought to mind when I sip.
It starts out just a bit tart and is backed up with sweetness,
just what I like a bit of dimension in my cup and then in my throat.

From Rajen:
"These handmade long leaf teas were custom made for select buyers who value the artisan method  of tea making. We kept the batches small in quantity and high in style. The leaves carry the flavors of the late autumn harvest from mid September to late November. We made a total of 3 kilos of which most of it sold out till mid January . 
Meanwhile the same style is being replicated with the Spring Harvest 2019  and if any one is interested they can contact Tealet.  They will also be able to lend you additional information having tasted the last batch on this recent visit to us."

So if anyone is interested in some special black tea contact Elyse at Tealet.com.
Right now she is traveling in India, but after she returns she will have some special teas
to savor and sip from Heritage Tea Company.


In photographing the tea I thought it deserved a bouquet of flowers from my garden.
Congratulations! Rajen and June

Sipping as I write to you!
Isn't the tea pretty in the cup?
Happy Weekend, dear friends!

5 comments:

Mrs. Chrissy T said...

Love this! What a treat!!! I am heading out to buy some tea today!

mamasmercantile said...

It sounds wonderful.

Sandi said...

Oh...that sounds delightful!

Jeanie said...

Marilyn, what a wonderful gift! I hope your generous benefactors see this beautiful post because your photo staging is exquisite.

Tracy said...

Ooohhh.... that flower arangement is GORGEOUS!! Love the celebration of flowers AND tea! That tea sounds really interesting... mmm... Fun to see where you write from...and the tea again! Not surprised by your floral mouse mat! :) ((HUGS))