Monday, April 15, 2019

Garden Quotes 2019


WHERE?

Where are the fairies?
Where can we find them?
We've seen the fairy-rings
They leave behind them!

When they have danced all night,
Where do they go?
Lark, in the sky above,
Say, do you know?

Is it a secret
No one is telling?
Why, in your garden
Surely they're dwelling!

No need for journeying,
Seeking afar:
Where there are flowers,
There fairies are!

from The Complete Book of the Flower Fairies
by Cicely Mary Barker
I couldn't resist another post on fairies
when I had a glimpse so close of the fairy in my garden.
She scampered away before I could get more of a picture.

5 comments:

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Cute! I love the greenhouse in your yard! Looks like you have a beautiful garden. Have a lovely day and Happy Easter!

Red Rose Alley said...

An enchanting fairy poem, Marilyn. And I love that green house. Such a wonderful picture.

~Sheri

Jeanie said...

You have to be fast to photograph a fairy, Marilyn. Hard to shoot a moving target! (I love your greenhouse!)

Mrs. Chrissy T said...

This is simply lovely. It reminds me of when my daughter was little. She and I would make little fairy gardens. It was such a magical sweet time.

Rosemary said...

Fairies surely reside in your garden with all those beautiful blossoms year round! We have them, too. But they are clever, tucking themselves in a curled up petal or hiding under a green leaf.