Friday, July 5, 2019

A Visit to the Rose Garden

Often I wake early when the house is sleeping.
Waking just recently I decided to toss my clothes on,
grab my camera, and go to the rose gardens nearby.
It was six in the morning and the sun was newly up.
I could walk without distractions, smelling the roses as I walked.
The reflection on the pond and the clouds in the sky welcomed me there.
The sun became brighter as the day began.
Oh what a glorious morning it was.
Raindrops or were they dewdrops were still on the morning roses.
Rows of roses everywhere and I was delighted.
They glowed in the morning sun.
They sang to my heart.
I could have spent the morning most gladly there,
but the morning beckoned me.
With my steps moving forward, I once again must face the day.
Just a little more my heart did say.
Savor with delight the raindrops, the sunshine, and the glorious beginning to a new day.
While all around me were beginning their day, I moved forward with one last glimpse.

It did delight my heart!
A visit to Peninsula Rose Gardens just the other day.

Happy Weekend, dear Friends!!
Take an early morning, spur of the moment adventure!

7 comments:

Mary said...

Wish I could have been with you dear. How lovely the early mornings are as the sun rises and presents us with another day - they are all so special. The roses still bloom, are beautiful and so fragrant - even more so I would imagine in the early mornings with dewdrops glistening.

Wishing you a lovely weekend. Our 4th was quiet but today is the real celebration here, Bob's 79th!!!!!
Love and hugs - Mary

Lorrie said...

Early mornings in the garden are so delightful. What a special place to walk and enjoy the roses. I can imagine their freshness before the warmth of the day.

Thelma said...

Thanks for sharing this lovely walk. A sight to behold the first thing in the morning. I could almost smell the roses.

mamasmercantile said...

You took us on a beautiful stroll, the roses were a real delight.

Red Rose Alley said...

You have a rose garden near your home too, Marilyn? Mine is five minutes from where I live, and I just love going there. This pond is so pretty, and the drops of water on the roses could have been the sprinklers maybe? You visited the best part of the day - when the sun was just coming up and saying hello. So glad you got to see this peaceful place, Marilyn. And I'm so glad we have places like this to think and pray and listen. : )

Happy July days.

~Sheri

Tracy said...

Oooo...can almost SMELL the roses through the screen! Sooo MANY roses... What splendid treat! :) ((HUGS))

Jeanie said...

This has to be almost overwhelmingly fragrant and so very beautiful. Thank pink and white is especially beautiful and unusual.