Friday, July 26, 2019

Tea and People


“Tea takes time, and tea takes people”

Recently I read that quote in an article,
but not sure who said it.
Such a perfect description of tea,
it really is about the people whether sharing
together or just savoring alone.

Last Sunday, the day after the tea festival,
my "live-in gardener" and I opened our garden
for friends and neighbors (people) to come and sip tea
and nibble on some goodies.

Welcome!
Wishing you all could have been there.
There was plenty of iced tea and lemonade,
along with savory spreads for crackers
and sweets of granola bars, chocolate chip cookies,
herb cookies, brownies, apple bread, scones,
and buttermilk cupcakes.

But best of all was just sitting in the garden
and visiting with special people. 
After all, it is about shared time together
and what could be better than time in the garden?

Happy weekend, dear friends!

9 comments:

Linda Jennings said...

Beautiful!!! I love the quote and I love your garden "shed" and garden party. You are a fabulous hostess (I know that from experience.)

Adrienne said...

Oh, how I wish I could have been there as planned. You went to a lot of work, dear friend, and your love and generosity shine through your friendships. I'll share tea with you again. Soon.
~Adrienne~

Red Rose Alley said...

This is such a nice thing you did for your neighbors, Marilyn. I would have ran right over haha. Look at all these goodies! And your garden is a wonderful place to have a gathering. I saw the brownies right away - just might be my favorite dessert. Now, I'm wondering what those red desserts are in the far right corner?

~Sheri

mamasmercantile said...

Love it, your space is inspirational, we are working on our garden room ourselves. What a stunning setting for tea, I do so wish I could have joined you.

Carolina G. Ticala said...

Interesante post! Te espero por mi blog! Feliz día! 👍👍👍

Mary said...

That was amazing Marilyn, after such a busy Sat. you then presented this wonderful tea in the conservatory (which BTW J has really worked hard to restore I see, just beautiful!).

I wish I could have joined you - the baked goods looked really yummy - I know your guests must have really appreciated all your hard work. Herb cookies, apple bread and buttermilk cupcakes would have probably enticed me to forget the diet, haha!

Perfect setting - garden looks awesome.

Tracy said...

That tea quote is fabulous! Much with tea, people and a garden takes time, when you think about it. But what a TEA FEAST you prepared and shared, Marilyn !! How wonderful to see the full table in your garden house (LOVE that wall with old tools!!) Very much wishing I could have come to the party. But almost as good--these photos! ;) ((HUGS))

Jeanie said...

How you ever had the energy to do that is far beyond me! After the festival? You are just amazing! And Marilyn, it looks so beautiful. How wonderful for your friends to enjoy such treats in the beauty of your garden. You guys know how to do it but how you managed after all you'd been up to -- well, I'm impressed on many levels!

Rosemary said...

Such a lovely setting for tea and treats and friends galore! Once again, you make me wish that the distance between OR and PA was not quite so far!