Monday, July 29, 2019

Garden Quotes 2019

Beatrix Potter's birthday yesterday.
In celebration we are walking in her garden, which I visited in 2016.
Can you just imagine Peter Rabbit hiding there?

 "Don't go into Mr. McGregor's garden:
your Father had an accident there;
he was put in a pie by Mrs. McGregor."
~Beatrix Potter
Kind of a strange garden quote, but fun all the same.
I loved visiting there in the spring when the blossoms were coming out
and the sheep were in the pasture.
Have a smile on your face today
and remember that rabbit pie.

5 comments:

Linda Jennings said...

Yesterday, GJ and I reminisced about our March visit to Hilltop Farm in the Lake District in celebration of Beatrix Potter's birthday.

mamasmercantile said...

Such a joy.

Sylvia said...

Lovely!

Red Rose Alley said...

Marilyn, since you appreciate Beatrix Potter, I think you would enjoy the post that my friend did. Her blog is "The Joy of Home with Martha Ellen" on my side bar. How wonderful that you got to see her garden yourself. A delightful garden quote today. : )

~Sheri

Jeanie said...

You went to Hill Top. Biggest sigh with a hint of envy. (And I agree with Sheri on Martha Ellen's post!) It's on my bucket list - I'm glad you celebrated!