Monday, September 30, 2019

Garden Quotes 2019

"Just before the death of flowers,
And before they are buried in snow,
There comes a festival season
When nature is all aglow."
-   Author Unknown


On Friday my "live-in gardener" and I stopped by the dahlia garden
in Port Gamble, Washington.
Such bursts of color were breathtaking!
It is like the last hurrah before winter comes.

The varieties and colors were beautiful.
I kept saying "this is my favorite" "oh no, this is my favorite".
They were all my favorites




The garden is near the water front, just over that far white fence.
The surroundings make for a stunning sight.
It definitely was like a "festival".

4 comments:

Red Rose Alley said...

Oh, I like the quote today, Marilyn. The Dahlias are beautiful. I can see why you had so many favorites. But the orange one is definitely mine. It's simply lovely.

Have a nice week.

~Sheri

Jeanie said...

Dahlias are such stunning blooms. This garden had to be heaven! Looks like you are having a wonderful time.

Red Rose Alley said...

Marilyn, thank you for your thoughts on "compassion." I really appreciate you sharing them. The topic is surely something to think about, isn't it? ~Sheri

Louca por porcelana said...

Stunning dahlias!