Wednesday, September 4, 2019

Images of Summer


It’s a smile, it’s a kiss, it’s a sip of wine … 
it’s summertime! 
– Kenny Chesney
A glimpse of my summer came with a walk on the beach 
and a visit to the zoo.
That bird just sat on the fence saying "come hither and pet me,
I dare you!" My grandson, D, and I both wanted too,
but that bird would have nothing of it.
Playing with my D at the Enchanted Forest. 
Well of course we would come upon Hansel and Gretel's home
in the forest.

Picking blueberries for winter time delights.
Oh we love them in pancakes, fruit salads, and pies.
I love summertime more than anything else in the world. 
That is the only thing that gets me through the winter, 
knowing that summer is going to be there.
 – Jack McBrayer

Candles in a garden, just because they are pretty.
Not my garden, but a garden of beauty.
And as we head into autumn, sunflowers delight the day.
One final splash of bold color along with pumpkins and golden leaves to come.
One must maintain a little bit of summer, 
even in the middle of winter. 
– Henry David Thoreau

Precious memories of summer as we head into pumpkin season.

4 comments:

Sandi said...

The blue on the bird is amazing!

Red Rose Alley said...

Oh, look at that field of sunflowers. I love your Summer photos, Marilyn. Each one is wonderful. And that bird is beautiful. What is the name of it, do you know? How nice that you get to pick blueberries for pies and pancakes. They're expensive at the stores. I sometimes put them in my oatmeal. The white candles in the garden are lovely as ever.

Happy September days, Marilyn.

~Sheri

Mary said...

Not familiar with that lovely colored bird - perhaps not a domestic one as it's at the zoo!

Unlike you dear Marilyn, I do not enjoy summertime. I'm a cool weather, fall/winter clothes gal, with much more energy when it's chilly outside. If I lived in a more temperate climate with less humidity and biting insects, I could perhaps handle these months of summer better. I admit I always feel my best when back home in England!

Lovely field of sunflowers with the red barn background.
Little D is getting to look more like big D BTW!

Mary -

Jeanie said...

This looks like the most fun ever! But then, of course, time with Little D is always the best. Love that sunflower field!