Wednesday, March 18, 2020

Just some Thoughts

Just some thoughts today.


Late to the internet  today, as I finally had to go to the market this morning.  What the market visit reminded me of was Theodore Roosevelt’s quote, “Speak softly and carry a big stick.” Why I thought of that I am not quite sure, but I found the market to be very quiet and people were more respectful when walking by. It also reminded me to walk softly on the earth, take care to share, and be mindful of others.  While staying at home I think each of us must pay attention to what we eat and how we behave around each other. Be at peace each and every one of you, dear ones. We will have a lot of hugs, laughter, and tears saved up when this is over. In the meantime, I am having a cup of tea in the gardenhouse with a bouquet of daffodils from the garden. Lemon in my tea soothes the sore throat I had recently and thankful that has passed.

Tea people swear by the anti-oxidents in green tea.
Some say puerh tea is the best.
But I think just anything that comforts you in your cup today is a good thing.
Now off to make a cup of tea.

Thinking of each of you as we walk this new reality together.

6 comments:

Jeanie said...

It is odd out there, isn't it? People are keeping distance, and it is so quiet. I know this will be worse before it's better. A physician friend said to settle in for the long haul -- the issue is not being overblown by the media. With this current course it will be much worse before it is better. I just hope we don’t end up like Italy but the lag in testing and isolation actions, we may have to face a difficult couple of months if not more. Or so says Dr. Lin, whom I'd trust with my life.

Take care, my friend.

Anonymous said...

Your words are comforting....thank you!
Susan

Rosemary said...

Finding comfort among family, friend's blogs, and tea!

Red Rose Alley said...

I love your Wednesday thoughts, Marilyn. Such special words and so glad I visited today. I'm doing Ok, but the markets are not quiet here. They are hurried, but people have been pretty nice during this time. One lady worker even sprayed all the cart handles before we used them. Enjoy your cup of tea, and I do love green tea. : )

~Sheri

*love your photo, it's so charming.

Lorrie said...

Odd times, indeed. I went to the market today and it was quite busy. Enjoy the tea; I'm finding taking time to sip tea very calming these days.

Tracy said...

Glad you are feeling better, Marilyn... Lemon, tea, and all the small things mean extra much these uncertain days. Be taking good care there! We'll get through this together! :) ((LOVE & HUGS))