Wednesday, March 11, 2020

Travel

 Travel is heavy on my mind these days, since the "virus" seems to be reeking havoc.
I am suppose to leave for India on March 25th, but as the time comes closer and
I am fighting a cold I am not sure this will happen.
It is becoming clearer to me with each subsequent day that I should stay put.
Travel is a part of who I am, I love it!
I have dreamed of this trip for a long time.
So today I am sharing another dream come true adventure.
 It was a few years ago, not too long after having knee surgery.
My "live-in gardener" and I were traveling in France and found
we had an unplanned day.
The host of our B&B suggested we go here.
As you can see it was a bit of a climb and I was so proud of myself for doing it.
 Up the hill we went. Then of course I had to go back down too.
 Walking in these ruins I imagined a life once upon a time
where three brothers and their father each had a castle on the hill.
I wondered about life during their lifetime.
I imagined smokey halls from wood burning fires to cook over 
and to keep warm on a cold winter night.
I imagined dancing and festive gowns.
I imagined rough times too.
 My fantasy's ran wild while walking here.
 And I dreamed of other times and knights in shining armor.
 Excuse me while I share past travel because I need to remind myself
there were other dream come true adventures and I must savor the memories.
One of my favorite quotes:
I am grateful for each adventure and still I will dream of more.
They may be only hopping in my car and walking on the beach
or still I dream of an adventure in India and far flung places.
Happy travels, even if it is through reading a book, watching a movie,
or walking in your neighborhood.

Later today: The tour was canceled; so my trip has been canceled.
Online today canceling everything and seeing about refunds.

8 comments:

Red Rose Alley said...

These are awesome pictures, Marilyn. So sorry you're having a hard time deciding whether or not to travel to India. I understand your concerns. Nel is traveling here for the fundraiser, but she will drive. I have to day that I'm not much of a traveler, but my girls love traveling and have been all over.

~Sheri

Linda P said...

I see that the decision has been taken out of your hands with the cancellation of the trip. This is a disappointment for you and I hope first of all that you soon recover from your cold and travel adventures abroad will happen for you in less challenging times. Your photos of your vacation in France are wonderful and must bring back happy memories. As much as we would like to travel we know that it's not possible at the moment.

Anonymous said...

Love Mark Twain's quote! Hoping your India trip will still happen at a later and safer time. Susan

Mary said...

Oh dear Marilyn, looks like you can't go now anyway with India making the decision for you! What a mess the world is in - what frightening times we live in.

Yesterday was the first day I felt uncomfortable in the stores - such as using the Ladies in Target where I was scared to turn the paper towel holder knob after washing my hands so pulled of yards of TT instead to dry them. . . . . . . and then felt guilty about using so much when there is a shortage in many places!

Personally I just feel safest at home now and am glad we have no international travel scheduled any time soon. Thankfully I've see the world and really have no need to go anymore - other than hopefully back to the UK when things calm down.

No St. Patrick's Day parade here this Sat., that's disappointing too.
So dear, sorry your plans have been thwarted - hope you can go another time.
Take care - Mary

Lorrie said...

The world is in a strange place just now, with Covid-19 making its presence known in so many places. I'm glad the decision about India was taken out of your hands - otherwise you may have worried one way or another.
Our school was let out one day early for Spring Break because of a Covid-19 scare. I stopped off for a few groceries on my way home and was quite shocked to see all the people in the grocery store. I said something to the clerk and she said it was almost like Christmas crowds. I did notice that the toilet paper aisle was completely empty.

Memories are a good way to travel when we can't do so in reality.

Tracy said...

How sad your longed for trip is canceled, Marilyn! :( The virus is really taking hold of the whole world. We have a bit anniversary next week, and a little trip would have been nice... but travel is off the list for the foreseeable future. :/ The country is almost closing down here. And we got in some extra food from the supermarket yesterday... *sigh*... FUN to see pics from a previous trip... Keep dreaming, my friend, and hope you feel better soon! ((LOVE & HUGS))

Rosemary said...

So very sorry to hear that your long awaited trip to India was canceled. It must be heartbreaking. My niece was awarded a grant for an all expenses paid 8-week linguistics study in Granada, Spain this summer and we were planning on visiting her during that time. Yep. Canceled. Yep. Disappointed. So we feel your pain.

Jeanie said...

You are wise to savor the memories but put the India trip on hold, although I know this must hurt the heart so very much. I know it is the smart thing, but not the fun thing. I'm hopeful you can reschedule in a year. I certainly hope so.