Friday, August 18, 2023

This week's Adventure


Have any of you watched Pinocchio on Netflix? I tried to watch it, but found it a bit scary and dark; so I didn't finish it. This week for my adventure with my grandson, D, we ventured to the Portland Art Museum for the show on Pinocchio. It wasn't as scary to me seeing it like this. I found the artwork and creativity were amazing. My D told me I shouldn't take pictures, but here you are - my pictures.

I think this set was my favorite. I felt like I could just step onto that stage and sing along.


But I sort of liked the gypsy wagon too. Could you imagine living in a gypsy wagon? Of course I noticed there was tea on the table. I think that chair is waiting for me.



 

My D has seen the movie; so he had to explain some of the characters to me.






Such amazing creativity in just developing each character.


 

Mister Cricket had some tea.



I think the ones most spooky are the ones with no eyes.



The artists work studio was reproduced here. There were boxes of different expressions in the studio. I kinda thought it would be fun to be one of the creators of these characters and sets.



 Now that I have seen the art show I think I need to watch the movie from an artists perspective. Maybe I won't think it is so scary.

 Happy weekend, dear friends!

3 comments:

Jeanie said...

That art is simply amazing and I would have loved to have seen that. When I had netflix, that was on my watchlist but I quit before I saw it. I love puppetry (I considered going into that as a career) and seeing these -- wow. I'm sure you weren't the only one with a camera there! I'm going to do netflix for a month or two when The Crown comes back so I'll be sure to catch it then! Maybe it (the exhibit) will travel.

Jinksy said...

Goodness me! What a delightful set of photos to capture the imagination of a Blogland Wandering JInksy, this fine afternoon. ♥.

Rosemary said...

What an amazing artistic interpretation of Pinocchio. Thank you for pointing out the two scenes with the tea pot and later the tea cup. I might have missed them. Love the creativity here.