Friday, October 20, 2023

Every Day Occurrences

 I searched for the moon 

and found the sun.

The sun I shared with

the other side of the world.

Where sorrow fell from the sky

and devastation rained.

Dear God, send healing from the hate,

the selfishness and greed.

A cup of kindness, Love must rein.

 

My heart breaks for the violence in Israel, Palestine and Ukraine.

The above words I wrote a few days ago as I thought and prayed for healing in the world. Focusing on the hurt and devastation I am reminded to pay attention just to the small things of life and treasure them.

 
Yesterday I met a friend above the clouds for morning tea. Where the clouds resided was the city of Portland. Above the clouds, if you look closely, is Mt. Hood. Mt. Hood is the closest volcano to Portland. We treasure the beauty of this view. It looked like an island in the sea of white fluff.

 

Tea time!

The view behind us was blue skies and Pittock Mansion, a tourist sight up above the clouds.


 

A foggy morning in my backyard.


 

Unusual clusters of mushrooms around the yard.


Just focusing on every day life.

My "live-in gardener" socks on the bathroom floor.


It's the small things we/I must focus on and embrace while sending prayers to those that are hurting and contacting our Congressmen and Senators to encourage to do the right things in support of these hurting nations.

Be well, dear friends!

Sending cups of kindness!


 

3 comments:

Jeanie said...

How wonderful to meet your friends above the clouds! I love your everyday moments and yes, we are wise to focus on those.

Lorrie said...

Lovely everyday moments. Yes, the world is hurting so much these days. I'm praying for cool heads to prevail and an end to the war and suffering.

Red Rose Alley said...

That is a really nice poem, Marilyn. My heart is heavy also for what's happening in the world. A cup of kindness sounds nice to me right now.

~Sheri