Monday, October 2, 2023

Word Magic

 South African word: Abuntu

Definition: humanity to others
Ubuntu is an ancient African word meaning 'humanity to others'. It is often described as reminding us that 'I am what I am because of who we all are'.
 
 
Part of humanity I believe is to care for the nature around us. Delight in the small things of the everyday.

 
Play!

 
Daydream!

 
Be thankful for those that have impacted our lives.
My mom had a huge impact on my life.


Desmond Tutu said, "We would not know how to talk, to walk, to think, to eat as human beings unless we learned how to do these things from other human beings. For us, the solitary human being is a contradiction in terms. Ubuntu is the essence of being human. It speaks of how my humanity is caught up and bound up inextricably with yours."
 

Being human!
I hope and pray I have a huge impact on these special people.
 
Happy Birthday to my grandson, Desmond!
He is one special boy and in my heart forever.
 
Sending love to you, my dear friends today!!! 

 


3 comments:

Jeanie said...

A big happy birthday to Desmond. And yes, I'm sure you have an impact on others-- those special people and ones far beyond that!

Red Rose Alley said...

Love the word you chose for today, Marilyn. Anything that resembles humanity is splendid, as we need more of that in our world today. What a treasured photo of your Mom, and it warms my heart that she had an impact on your life. I had a dear Mom as well. I hope your grandson had the best day on his birthday.

Happy Autumn days to you, my friend.

~Sheri

Rosemary said...

Beautiful words as always, Marilyn. There is no doubt in my mind that you have made (and will continue to make) a very important impact on your grandson's life. The adventures you have provided him, the culinary skills you have shared coupled with your love of tea, family, and nature will all be a part of the young man he becomes. Your influence is both seen and unseen.