Monday, October 9, 2023

Word Magic

 The word this week is REST

Definition: cease work or movement in order to relax, refresh oneself, or recover strength.

 

For me rest is coming out to this little table in the early morning hour to sip a cup of tea.


Or join a few friends in the park to meditate over small cups of tea.


 

Or walk in nature.

Here I was meditating as I walked through the labyrinth.

 

Or a visit to my favorite apple orchard in the country.

These things revive my soul, they make me smile again.

Rest puts the puzzle pieces back in their place.

A walk on the beach does this for me too.

What restores your JOY and gives you rest?
May you be blessed this week with those moments of rest.

3 comments:

Red Rose Alley said...

REST is a good word, and I'm resting up after my trip to So Cal. I like to see and do, but I also have to rest and be still and be calm as well. It's part of who I am. Your photos today are calming, Marilyn, and I especially like that apple one. I know how much you love walking through the apple orchards.

~Sheri

Jeanie said...

What restores your JOY and gives you rest? Usually being at the lake and walking. This week, very little is. It's cold, wet, windy, and pretty grim! About the only thing giving rest is putting on extra layers of clothes and trying to get to sleep under a comforter, wool blanket and quilt! This too will pass!

Lorrie said...

Rest is a great word! I'm resting after our long trip across Canada. I find it restful to simply be at home, slipping into familiar routines. My time is occupied, but it's restful because I am in a place I know and love.