Friday, March 22, 2024

Fickle Spring

Someone once said,
"The first signs of Spring make my heart sing."

Yes, it makes my heart sing.

When I drive in my neighborhood I wish I could have you all driving or walking along with me, enjoying the signs of springtime.

Daffodils and crocus appear every March, my birthday month, and I rejoice, laugh and sing at their appearance. These daffodils sit outside my window this very morning.

 
And on the first day of spring it was a balmy 70 degree day, I walked along the river enjoying the cherry blossoms.

 
I think others had the same idea. It was time to be outdoors savoring springtime.





 
These are all the blossoms I found on the first day of spring.
As I said in the heading, spring is "fickle".
One day it is 70 degrees and the sun is shining with a blue sky day.
The next day the clouds roll in and it is 50 degrees with the threat of sprinkles.


Visiting the market this week I couldn't resist walking through the garden center and coming home with a couple white geraniums, one parsley and one thyme for the herb garden too. Then there was also a lavender plant that jumped into my basket. Now I hope there is no more frost, but only sunshine and sprinkles. Oh those fickle days of springtime!
 
Raindrops on daffodils in my garden.

"In the spring, I have counted 136 different kinds of weather inside 24 hours." —Mark Twain

Are you enjoying signs of spring in your part of the world?

Is it making your heart sing?

Sending love, Marilyn

4 comments:

Jeanie said...

Fickle for sure. We had three inches of snow last night and more (up to 8 but I hope we're less) expected. I'm aiming for five. And hoping for less than that.

Why didn't that happen in January or February when we had practically none?

I did pick some of my mini-daffs last night. Glad I did and wish I'd picked more!

Linda P said...

We have been enjoying the blossom and flowers in our garden and neighbourhood during these Springtime days.

Red Rose Alley said...

The daffodil photo is beautiful, Marilyn. They are drooping with water drops and so pretty. I just showed some yellow dandelions on my post today also. And those pink blossom trees along the river! What a sight they must have been for you. Not too many signs of Spring yet, but the weather is warming up, so it will be here soon. ; )

~Sheri

Rosemary said...

Fickle, indeed!