Thursday, March 14, 2024

Winter Flowers

 "The color of springtime is in the flowers, the color of winter is in the Imagination." Terri Guillemets


Each day of the year I watch for flowers and color around me in nature. In winter I particular search for color, as it is such a joy when I find it. Out of curiosity I did a search online this week to see what would pop up for winter flower quotes. I loved what I found and the thoughts behind each quote. As I share the quotes I am also sharing the color in my pictures that I have found as we quickly approach the end of winter and the beginning of springtime. The flower above is in my garden. It is called Hellebore or Lenten Rose. It is one of the first flowers I find in my garden during the waning winter days.

 
 "The flowers of spring are winter's dreams related at the breakfast table of the angels." Kahlil Gibran

Camellias are beginning to bloom in my garden and here at Lan Su Chinese Gardens too.

 
I was amazed to find plum blossoms above and Daphne below at Lan Su Chinese Gardens too.

 
Do you think the gentlemen sitting in this garden are talking about finding winter color? We can only imagine?

 
"Some flowers can bloom in winter reminding of the tenderness that can conquer the cold harshness." Unknown

 
Daffodils have begun blooming in my garden.
 
"If flowers can teach themselves how to bloom after winter passes..........So can you." Noor Shirazia
 
Do you search for winter color?
Do you have flowers beginning to bloom around you?
Notice what you notice.
 
Sending love, Marilyn

5 comments:

Jeanie said...

These are so beautiful! And I learned something, too -- I never knew Lenten Rose and Hellebore were the same! I have to plant some of these for next year!

Lorrie said...

The first flowers of winter are such a welcome sight - a bit of colour among all the brown and grey. I look for them every year. Today I see patches of golden yellow daffodils and blue hyacinths and they make my heart happy. Love the hellebores, too, with their delicate flowers and colours.

Anonymous said...

Lovely! I have a creamy coloured one that I keep in a pot on my small balcony. Just took a small cutting of a flower and leaf ... nice touch of springtime inside!

Red Rose Alley said...

Lots of different flowers at the Chinese Gardens. I like those red lanterns too. They look so pretty hanging by the pink blossom trees. There's not a lot of color right now in the mountains. Spring comes a bit later here. So, I just notice and appreciate the birds, as they are coming around more often. ; )

~Sheri

Sandi Magle said...

We are so slow here in Chicagoland, only a few daffy's in sheltered sunny areas. Gorgeous photos, happy Spring!