Monday, March 4, 2024

Words of Kindness and Joy


   Just a couple days ago as I was sipping my morning tea I was thinking "what would the world look like if everyone including world leaders showed kindness to each other?". I was picturing Putin saying only kindnesses to other world leaders and sitting together to enjoy a sip of tea or a glass of wine. There would be no need to migrate to another country because the country you lived in was kind and loving. What would the world look like? And then the song, Imagine by John Lennon, came to mind.

Imagine there's no heavenIt's easy if you tryNo hell below usAbove us, only sky
Imagine all the peopleLivin' for todayAh
Imagine there's no countriesIt isn't hard to doNothing to kill or die forAnd no religion, too
Imagine all the peopleLivin' life in peaceYou
You may say I'm a dreamerBut I'm not the only oneI hope someday you'll join usAnd the world will be as one
Imagine no possessionsI wonder if you canNo need for greed or hunger
A brotherhood of man
Imagine all the peopleSharing all the worldYou
You may say I'm a dreamerBut I'm not the only oneI hope someday you'll join usAnd the world will live as one
 
 
What was truly amazing is when I attended church yesterday morning this same song was sung by the congregation. It feels like many people around me are on the same wave length of imagining a better world.
Just imagining brings tears to my eyes. There is so much anger and hurt in the world, some days it is overwhelming. Let's show kindness wherever we can to make the world a little better place. 
 
I am sharing daffodils today with this post because "The daffodil symbolises rebirth and new beginnings. It's one of the first flowers to bloom at the end of winter, announcing the beginning of spring and signifying the end of the cold, dark days. Less commonly, daffodils may also symbols of creativity, energy, resilience, forgiveness and vitality". In imagining a better world I believe we can shine like the face of a daffodil, show kindness and joy to those around us.

Sending love,
Marilyn

3 comments:

Lorrie said...

Oh yes, let's imagine and then make kindness a reality in our own little circles that will spread and spread. I think Putin must be a very unhappy man.

Linda P said...

I agree Marilyn regarding the sentiments in this song. Kind words and actions are an important priority.

Jeanie said...

I just learned from blog reading that the daffodil is the flower for March. It's so fitting in so many ways, including those you mentioned. I love that song.